Moment of Silence for T6P.com....

Wow so many blanks left unfilled...

You guys are going to get Billy A. fired up... 2 sides to every story:wink:
It is amazing what you can do with admin powers on a BB:eek:

The site was fine, all changed about 4 months before I official took over the board!

The site was fine, all changed about 4 months before I official took over the board!

Forget about the past that you brought up but won't tell us about:mad:

And get it fixed already or I am going to have to start another rumor :mad: Don't make me do it:biggrin:

I havent really had much time to work on the site. I know whats wrong with it, I just need to get in there and fix it. If I have some time today and can get to a machine I can sit and work on it without 10,000 people trying to divert my attention, Ill fix it.

I did a quick and dirty fix that should make the site load much faster. Its not what NEEDS to be done but it should work for the short term. Is it fast now?

I did a quick and dirty fix that should make the site load much faster. Its not what NEEDS to be done but it should work for the short term. Is it fast now?

Yes,

A little duct tape?...............:confused:

Thanks Jay......

I havent really had much time to work on the site. I know whats wrong with it, I just need to get in there and fix it. If I have some time today and can get to a machine I can sit and work on it without 10,000 people trying to divert my attention, Ill fix it.

ext-n Is dead and all is good. lol

Now read your PM. One of those 10,000 people. :p

Later AJ

I do agree.

BUT the site was already on the decline as he allowed a few run wild and started turning people off so they left the site. I think Travis quite honestly tanked the place before it was purchased. Just my observation.

Lonnie this is very far from the truth, the numbers were up better since the place was started when WE ran/owned it. We had more sponsors, race news, more tech data than ever before. I say WE as it was a effort not just by me but by many others. Jay, Myself, Nick, Cal, Jack, You, Shane, Johndeere,Billy T and many members not listed and many other vendors who participated. I was done with Buick's my car and decided to move on, nothing more, nothing less.

Shane there really is no blanks to fill in, I was accused of having all these different user names. Here are some facts as I do not give a **** about Buick's anymore. I also had people posting from our dealership at the time. Two of them who at the time owned Buick's, my wife, my son and some of his Friends.

As far as Billy and the car I bought, I have no hard feelings toward him. He sold me a car, the crank broke in my drive way at idle with 3 board members standing there. It took 8 months to get the engine done, thousands more dollars and in many cases a mis-represented car. Billy did make good on most of it and we moved on.

Only reason I came over and posted as I am close freinds with Billy T and he sent me the link and asked me to post up. lol

Gary your very wrong, I never recall banning anyone. Jay did the banning as at the time it was his job to run the IT and baby sit during the day while I was at work. NOBODY ever banned Johndeere so I am not sure where you are getting that from, Ty and I were close freinds to the end and even here and there we speak in pm on a Ford site. Jay, Shane, Myself and Johndeere were all there when I owned the site. Most the mods were sponsors, so I guess they sucked to lol. As far as the dirty/filth I think Jay and I did a decent job cleaning the place up, getting sponsors in and getting some decent tech/race data posted. I am sure the place has taken a hit since I sold it, Shane and Jay need to spend there time here where the bulk of the vendors are, that is what pays the bills and being a Admin here for years, TB.Com requires more baby sitting lol.

Sorry it was not good enough for you. We all spent mad money, time, events, give aways, parties, etc to make the place what it was. However because the community is so small and dieing off every year it was time for me to move on. I always told myself when the day came I was not having fun, it was time to sell it. Trust me Jay and Shane have a thankless position and you guys should appreciate this place and them for all there hard work and time. I am back to just racing my car and having fun and just being a member/vendor on some Ford sites and cannot be happier. :)

Here is my car ran a 10.6 at 131mph Granny shifting. My car is now down for a new combo F1R and a built engine and auto conversion.

TravisRun3.flv video by 03SONIC - Photobucket

Hope all you guys had a MERRY CHRISTMAS and a HAPPY NEW YEAR.

Only reason I came over and posted as I am close freinds with Billy T and he sent me the link and asked me to post up. lol

Gary your very wrong, I never recall banning anyone. Jay did the banning as at the time it was his job to run the IT and baby sit during the day while I was at work. NOBODY ever banned Johndeere so I am not sure where you are getting that from, Ty and I were close freinds to the end and even here and there we speak in pm on a Ford site. Jay, Shane, Myself and Johndeere were all there when I owned the site. Most the mods were sponsors, so I guess they sucked to lol. As far as the dirty/filth I think Jay and I did a decent job cleaning the place up, getting sponsors in and getting some decent tech/race data posted. I am sure the place has taken a hit since I sold it, Shane and Jay need to spend there time here where the bulk of the vendors are, that is what pays the bills and being a Admin here for years, TB.Com requires more baby sitting lol.

Sorry it was not good enough for you. We all spent mad money, time, events, give aways, parties, etc to make the place what it was. However because the community is so small and dieing off every year it was time for me to move on. I always told myself when the day came I was not having fun, it was time to sell it. Trust me Jay and Shane have a thankless position and you guys should appreciate this place and them for all there hard work and time. I am back to just racing my car and having fun and just being a member/vendor on some Ford sites and cannot be happier. :)

Here is my car ran a 10.6 at 131mph Granny shifting. My car is now down for a new combo F1R and a built engine and auto conversion.

Travis:
Ok, maybe I was in error thinking that JohnDeereGn was banned, and if I am wrong, then I have to stand up and apologize for that.
And maybe Shane and Jay knew the condition that it was in compared to what it was when you took it over. So maybe I am wrong on that, too. If so, another apology.
FWIW, I always thought that you were kool, but regardless of whose fault it was the mods that you had were in my honest opinion virtually unethical and ruthless in their running of the sections. Maybe not all, but on the area(s) where I went they seemed to me to be pretty cutthroat. At least a couple were for a fact. And their antics, gestures, and language left a lot to be desired for moderators that should be setting a good example.
Wishing you and your family the best for not only this last years holidays, but for all the years in the future.
God Bless
You still have the koolest avatar in existence.

Travis:
Maybe one of the things overshadowing the early T6P was I think that everybody had such high expectations because of the way that it quickly rose above the ashes that nobody could keep it's popularity growing the way that it had been.

Travis, alot of stuff has been said behind the back by many people... I know everything I have said or done and will say it anywhere and to anybody... Alot of stuff went on that really wasn't cool, but I gave you my word and I stuck to it... You stood up to your word as far as selling me the board! All the problems occured during the "quiet" span but that was the deal... It is done and over now and we have all moved on...

Like I said it is not my style to drag up the past... I knew the thread would end up like this...

All in all it turned out wonderful for Jay and I. If that move wasn't made I don't think TurboBuick would have come about the way it did...

Thank you for what you said about the thankless job... I know you understand that as good as anyone...

It turned out good for everyone...

Far as the admin comment, well that was all about the motor deal and I am not getting into that...