Midwest Buick Challenge - Sept. 7-9, 2007

I did meet you. I was upset friday because the rain and cruise never did happened.
I was the short haired blonde that was in the quick sixteen and then was asked to run TSM and got cheated. Remember me now? I have a tatoo that says
TONE THE BONE. I was telling my driver of my low mileage car that i was a smart a.. on the board friday and sat I met the BONECUTTERS wife. No way. I was very happy with the show. I hope you except my appoligies. lets do it again next year . I am going to go all out over the winter I might build a S-10 with a turbo motor. If you need some help, please let meknow.

The reason was all the moisture in the air, I was talking to the locals and they said there are cars on the track by 9:30a/m on a normal race day.

I did not back up. Pal My car only goes forward. Why do U think I was pushing it to the final staging. Don't even go there.

Mwbc

The things I liked about this event:
1. The Car show being close to the spectator bleachers. With the show cars being in this location it allowed me to look at the cars during the down time. It was the perfect spot for the show cars in my opinion. With so much racing action this weekend I would not have been able to look at them other wise.

2. The location where the vendors and the Buick club set up their tents. I have never seen the vendors be this close to the starting line before it was great!!! Several of the local racers were talking about Paul’s suspension stuff he had on display Sunday.

3. The sound of cars going down the track!!!!!!!!!!!!!! I do not remember any other Buick event where cars ran as much as they did at this event. There were a lot of cars there Saturday.

4. I am curious how other people felt about sharing the track with the local racers on Sunday. I loved it!!!!!! The official car count for Sunday participation was 177 cars. The best part was the show the BUICK crowd put on for the local spectators. They were astounded by the power of the little V6 engines. It was great listening to people in the stands as TSO was running. There is no doubt they were impressed. The BUICK racers should be proud of the impression they left on people who have never seen these cars go this fast before. Also it gave the Buick bracket racers the opportunity to take the tracks money for its regular program in addition to the money the BUICK club paid out. The streets in North West Indiana will be a little safer now, because no one who watched Sundays racing will ever want to street race a Turbo Buick!!!

I am sure it is difficult to organize an event like this, but I am glad people step up to the task. I enjoy the opportunity to get together with some of the BUICK people that have similar insane interests as I do. I think the track personal and the event organizers did a pretty good job. It must be difficult to please every one, but all in all I think it was a great event.

The weather forecast did not look favorable, but it turned out pretty well. The track definitely starting hooking Saturday morning. For example Steve Hughes laid down a 1.32 60ft, Jack Cotton ripped off a 1.35 60ft, and I do not remember what Dan Strezo did in his 161 MPH blast straight down the track.

Several people ran their best times ever at this event. Here are a few I can think of: Shane Galloway, Jason McGuire, Kevin Bolger, Tim LeMay, Walt Judy, Steve Hughes, Art Frye. I am sure there were others. I think this speaks volumes for the track and the dedication people put into their Buick's.

I know the track is out in the sticks and hard to find. The event organizers did a great job of picking hotels in the Mishawaka area which were not far from the track. Mishawaka has a large Mall and several dining choices. Scheduling this event during a Notre Dame home game would have made traveling this area a challenge with a car trailer. My hats off to the organizers for doing such a good job for the first Osceola mid west Buick challenge event.

I hope they do it again next year. I’ll be there for sure, I hope several others add it to their schedule!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Sam Colalillo The things I liked about this event:
1. The Car show being close to the spectator bleachers. With the show cars being in this location it allowed me to look at the cars during the down time. It was the perfect spot for the show cars in my opinion. With so much racing action this weekend I would not have been able to look at them other wise.

2. The location where the vendors and the Buick club set up their tents. I have never seen the vendors be this close to the starting line before it was great!!! Several of the local racers were talking about Paul’s suspension stuff he had on display Sunday.

3. The sound of cars going down the track!!!!!!!!!!!!!! I do not remember any other Buick event where cars ran as much as they did at this event. There were a lot of cars there Saturday.

4. I am curious how other people felt about sharing the track with the local racers on Sunday. I loved it!!!!!! The official car count for Sunday participation was 177 cars. The best part was the show the BUICK crowd put on for the local spectators. They were astounded by the power of the little V6 engines. It was great listening to people in the stands as TSO was running. There is no doubt they were impressed. The BUICK racers should be proud of the impression they left on people who have never seen these cars go this fast before. Also it gave the Buick bracket racers the opportunity to take the tracks money for its regular program in addition to the money the BUICK club paid out. The streets in North West Indiana will be a little safer now, because no one who watched Sundays racing will ever want to street race a Turbo Buick!!!

I am sure it is difficult to organize an event like this, but I am glad people step up to the task. I enjoy the opportunity to get together with some of the BUICK people that have similar insane interests as I do. I think the track personal and the event organizers did a pretty good job. It must be difficult to please every one, but all in all I think it was a great event.

The weather forecast did not look favorable, but it turned out pretty well. The track definitely starting hooking Saturday morning. For example Steve Hughes laid down a 1.32 60ft, Jack Cotton ripped off a 1.35 60ft, and I do not remember what Dan Strezo did in his 161 MPH blast straight down the track.

Several people ran their best times ever at this event. Here are a few I can think of: Shane Galloway, Jason McGuire, Kevin Bolger, Tim LeMay, Walt Judy, Steve Hughes, Art Frye. I am sure there were others. I think this speaks volumes for the track and the dedication people put into their Buick's.

I know the track is out in the sticks and hard to find. The event organizers did a great job of picking hotels in the Mishawaka area which were not far from the track. Mishawaka has a large Mall and several dining choices. Scheduling this event during a Notre Dame home game would have made traveling this area a challenge with a car trailer. My hats off to the organizers for doing such a good job for the first Osceola mid west Buick challenge event.

I hope they do it again next year. I’ll be there for sure, I hope several others add it to their schedule!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Sam I agree with everything you pointed out.Next year Ill know to take the 80/90 and forget the driveways mapquest took me down.
I probably had some one of the top 3 parking lot Buick Beer fests in my life.
Great seeing you and your better half (no not Pat)
Id like to say thanks to Lloyd for stepping up to the cops in the parking lot and offering up a cold one!!!!!WHOSE IN CHARGE HERE !!!
The accomidations were much better than Morrocco.The hotels and resturants were all togather and much to choose from.Had a great time even tho its Fn pull the motor time again.
Congrate to WALT JUDY for the TSM win and man that car is dailed in 9.69-9.69-9.69 GOOD #
Kevin B,ART FRYE way to go dude,STEVE HUGHES maybe i can sell my sh1t and just line your car up in the tracks 1.32 b1tchen.Anyways you all suck!

anyway Tony If you would have raced me you woulda backed your **** up.Its Called courtousy stage for a reason and on a Pro Tree it is enforced if Scott woulda seen it he would have backed the cars out

I did not need to back up. I did not have a light on the guy next to me had both lights lit up and he should of backed up and started again. I know about courtesy staging. Where I race they are very strict on that issue.

Sam I agree with everything you pointed out.Next year Ill know to take the 80/90 and forget the driveways mapquest took me down.
I probably had some one of the top 3 parking lot Buick Beer fests in my life.
Great seeing you and your better half (no not Pat)
Id like to say thanks to Lloyd for stepping up to the cops in the parking lot and offering up a cold one!!!!!WHOSE IN CHARGE HERE !!!
The accomidations were much better than Morrocco.The hotels and resturants were all togather and much to choose from.Had a great time even tho its Fn pull the motor time again.
Congrate to WALT JUDY for the TSM win and man that car is dailed in 9.69-9.69-9.69 GOOD #
Kevin B,ART FRYE way to go dude,STEVE HUGHES maybe i can sell my sh1t and just line your car up in the tracks 1.32 b1tchen.Anyways you all suck!

anyway Tony If you would have raced me you woulda backed your **** up.Its Called courtousy stage for a reason and on a Pro Tree it is enforced if Scott woulda seen it he would have backed the cars out
"We just want to do the right thing officer":biggrin: :biggrin:

Sam, don't you have something else to do then make a big post like that:wink: You'll be the first person ever to get kicked out of the house for NOT working on the Buick:eek:

Was the "beer fest" the impromptu party put on by the "indiana banana" that I heard about. I've been to 2 or 3 of the races this year that my brother has raced in, and missed out on the party under the "big top".:mad:

All good points Sam. I liked the event, the track definetly hooks, I'll be back next year. Even though i hurt the motor on the last pass i had fun. Also ran my best et 9.27 .

Winners....

Saturday:
Quick 16
1st - Jim Dotson - Regal aspirated V6
2nd - David Roland - Designer 1987 Turbo T

BCO
1st - Dave Rocco - Blue 1970 GS 455
2nd - Keith Egan - Black 1970 GS 455

Ladies Race
1st - Ann (Oakley)McNew - Red 1970 GS Convertable
2nd - Lisa Duggan - 1987 GN

Due to the rain Friday night, Saturday mornings racing was compressed to the afternoon. There was a lot of down time and we will be working with the track to minimize that with test and tune run while waiting for the racers to respond class qualifying calls.

Highest Buick racers in Modified
1st - Darayl Sigourney - Dark green GS
2nd - tie: Roberta Vasilow, David Roland, and Mike Koszyk

Highest Buick racers in Street Class
1st - Ramin Ansari - White Regal with 455
2nd - Dennis Butt - 1987 GN . . close were Brandon Crim and Pete Rocco were edged out due to variation to dial in. Brandon was surprised with a 11.77 on a 12.50 dial

Due to the late start due to Saturday night's rain we did not have an opportunity to run the planned Bracket 1 and Bracket 2. Bracket 1 cars ran in the track's Modified Cass and Bracket 2 cars ran in the track's Street Class. We paid the sponsor money allocated for B1/B2 to the owners of Buicks according to the number of rounds made.

This is a nice little track that is really getting busy with the problems at US41 and the improvements at Martin pushing small racers out.

Feedback is welcome and we will be trying to have the event the only open weekend of Notre Dame's schedule next year in September. September 20th weekend.

Thanks for all the participants who made this a great event, and the sponsors who made the winners very happy. All money from the sponsors went to the racers, and Chicagoland GSCA made up the difference. Since this is a smaller track we could keep the costs down with all the entry fees going to the track.

TSM
1st - Walt Judy Dk Blue TR
2nd - Art Frye 87 Grand National
Low ET - Walt Judy 9.690
Top MPH - Scott Claridge 142.99

TSO
1st - Dan Strevo Black TR
2nd - Odell Cantrell Lt. Red TR
Low ET - Dan Strevo - 8.61
Top MPH - Dan Strevo - 161.34

"We just want to do the right thing officer":biggrin: :biggrin:

Sam, don't you have something else to do then make a big post like that:wink: You'll be the first person ever to get kicked out of the house for NOT working on the Buick:eek:

Hey thanks Kevin, I'm glad I have someone else lighting the torch under Sam's behind on getting my car done. I'm glad I know Sam's password so he doesn't know I'm on here yet! His loving wife Toni:biggrin: :biggrin:

All good points Sam. I liked the event, the track definetly hooks, I'll be back next year. Even though i hurt the motor on the last pass i had fun. Also ran my best et 9.27 .

You aint $hitting. That track HOOKS BIG TIME. Steve, your car runs great, you should be proud. Come on up here and we'll drink our sorrows away... :biggrin:

Great Event

Sam, It's Time To Change Your Password!
The Wife Is Going To Know All Your Secrets!
Just Kidding Toni!
Also, Get Working On Your Car!
I Am With Toni On That One.
Let Me Know When You Need Some Help On It.
It Was Great To See The Famous Kevin B.
And All The Other Buick Racers.
I'm Glad The Event Worked Out So Well.
As Sam Said, A Lot Of Buicks Had Their Best Times.
All Of Us Locals Were Worried What People Would Think.
Even Though The Track Is In The Middle Of Nowhere Land.
At Least You'll Be Able To Find It Next Year.
The Owners Of The Track Are Making It Better And Better.
I Hope The Event Gets Even Better Next Year.
I'm Glad Everyone Had A Good Time.
Thanks To Mr And Mrs Turboloyd For Their Organization.
Keep Up The Good Work!
Without Them We Would Have No Event.
Thanks Again.
Jason
Affordablegn

Have any idea what's hurt on it yet? Sorry to read that I know you were pretty happy with the new personal best. And yes Sam you need to get Toni's car done, sooner rather then later. Thanks again to Sam, Pat and Dave Roland for getting the hot air back up and running for Sunday. It was very appreciated.

Jamie

Jamie i got the motor out tonight and the heads off. Intake valve on # 3 is tuliped a little. I think the head is ok. I think i had a weak injector on that cylinder. That's part of racing, finding all the weak links.