Midwest Buick Challenge - Sept. 7-9, 2007

Rain

I live 140 miles south of the track and its raining hard here, should be there around 10 am sat, morning,

Mrs. Turbo Loyd

I drove 5 hrs. through the rain and traffic to see if this event was any better than Ohio or Indianapolis last year. I get here and the races where rained out. i went to the brewery for a cruise in. There was 10 cars in the lot that had anything to do with Buicks. I hope nex't year whoever is in charge of these events can organize them like a event should be organized or quit bragging about them on this board. I am tired of wasting my time and money. I did not see you at the brewery Mrs. Loyd did you forget to show up?
Sorry for the attitude but that is my 2 cents. Hopefully tomorrow will be better.

I drove 5 hrs. through the rain and traffic to see if this event was any better than Ohio or Indianapolis last year. I get here and the races where rained out. i went to the brewery for a cruise in. There was 10 cars in the lot that had anything to do with Buicks. I hope nex't year whoever is in charge of these events can organize them like a event should be organized or quit bragging about them on this board. I am tired of wasting my time and money. I did not see you at the brewery Mrs. Loyd did you forget to show up?
Sorry for the attitude but that is my 2 cents. Hopefully tomorrow will be better.

Are you saying that the fact that it rained was due to poor organization? If it was raining, why would anyone drive to a cruise in? If there were 10 cars there, at least you could have gone in and made the best of it instead of crying here about it. I could continue to go in so many directions after reading your post, but I think I'll just stop here. I hope you have a better day tomorrow.

Sms

I did go in, how would I have known there were only 10 cars there. Today no rain until late, but the track officials and the people running the show are never on the same page. I met Mr and Mrs. Loyd and they are very nice people. By the way who are U SMS? I love people that hate to post there names.

Hey guys...I WAS there but I had to bring my dad's black Ford Ranger instead of my red Ford...so not sure if some of you guys were looking for me. I didn't get crap sold. I had so many parts out there. Check the parts for sale section on here as I have posted some of the stuff I have.

Tony good to see you and the cars. Hope you did well. Maybe one day I'll get mine back on the road again:(

Don_3d

Don,
Are you coming tomorrow(Sunday)?
I looked and looked for you and couldn't find you.
I was hoping you would have called my cell phone!
Why don't you PM me your cell phone number!
I tried your chip but it not working well.
Let me know if you have any suggestions???
Let me know if you will be there on Sunday.
I will be there.
Thanks,
Jason
AffordableGN

Don,
It was good to see you too. I bought some things from you. I did better than some people. I will see you soon keep me or the board posted on the project. Good luck

Tony

Tony,
I Wasn't Going To Reply To Your Post.
But Now I Can't Resist.
And By The Way, My Name Is Jason!
I Am Going To Have To Agree With Sms.
I Was At The Brewery Friday Night.
The Turnout Was A Little Low At The Brewery.
The Turnout Had Little To Do With Organization.
And Much To Do With The Weather.
What Do You Expect For A First Time Event.
It Was Better Than Indy And Ohio.
You Couldn't Find Anyone In Indy!
I Went To The Brewery And Then To The Super 8 Hotel.
I Talked To The Guys At The Hotel.
Most Of The Guys Didn't Get There Cars Out.
They Sure Were Having Some Fun At The Hotel Anyway.
What Do You Expect With Rain In The Forecast.
Most Guys Don't Drive Their Cars In The Rain.
Some Of Us Crazy Guys Do!
Even With Bald Bfg Drag Radials!
Your Post Sounded Negative About The Organizers.
That's Why Sms And I Are Jumping Your Case.
You Must Have Had A Frustrating Drive On Friday.
Don't Take It Out On The Organizers.
Take Your Frustration Out On The Track, Not Other People.
All In All I Think It Worked Out Good Considering The Weather.
Things Can Always Be Better.
You Can't Change Mother Nature.
But At Least There Are People Who Step Up To The Plate.
Without Them, We Would Have No Event At All.
Thanks To All The Organizers.
And I Hope Your Weekend Gets Better.
Just My 4 Cents!
Affordablegn
Jason

Good to see every one there! Thanks for saving me a spot Jason!
Your Winnebago reminds me of the "Space Ball's" movie.. It's awsome!

We need to figure out that O2 problem your having. I've got a actual Innovate Wideband O2 sensor/hand held gauge you can borrow to see where it's "realy" at. If it confirms your lean then we can find a solution. I'm thinking that the one wire you've got in there is not right.

Stop over this week if your interested in trying it.

I expressed a suggestion to a few people there (Track officials/event staff) that they should leave one lane (4) or somthing for Test and tune since it seemed to take 30-40min for the "classes" to get up and ready to run. There was more time waiting for classes to get ready than actual racing. Hopefully it can get addressed next year if it stays at OC.

I had a good time and talked to alot of cool people. I ended up being the only Hybrid there. They were also nice enough to let my wife run the Typhoon a few times. It's not Buick powered by the way ;) They kept saying that. Lol.
We've done no tuning at WOT and that's the first time she's ran it since the last Sy/Ty nationals. (long long story)

Good to see everyone together and a great turn out!
BTW.. .that twin turbo Riviey is WICKED!
~Scott

Midwest Challege

I was a little frustrated friday night because not only towing the Atomic Gn from central Il. I had a driver bring my 86 GN all options including sunroof50,000 mile car also. i did not go test and tune because I wanted to cruise the 86 over to the Brewery.so i did, the rain did not start until after 8:00 or so. The races yesterday and today after the fog cleared was great. i was running in the TSM class yesterday because Scott was looking for other cars to fill in the blanks. I made it through the first and 2nd then got screwed out of the win because whoever I was racing did not courtesy stage and I was waiting for him to back up and start over because that was the rules but that did not happen? Why I do not no.He has been in this class alot longer than me i guess. O well i was not legal anyway. that would have been terrible if the guy they asked to fill in won. Dan Strezo won the TSO class today against OC Otto FYI. Dave Ficas was running strong but spun the tires and had to lift semi final against Dan. I ran my best ET today though 10.33@ 126.00 i need a convertor to, ET's getting faster but MPH staying the same. next year I think i will run TSM. i will rebuild the car over the winter. i hope I did not make to many people mad about my postings I just get carried away at times. i may go to Maryland in Oct. That will be the 4th show this year I have attended. I love racing this car heads up because my nomal et racing sucks. Mr and MRs. loyd I apoligize for my attitude friday night on this board. You guys ran the program just fine Nex't year can we rent the track both days so we the Buick racers can run against each other and not have a Full track of alot of other makes and models? Thanks and hope to see the nines very soon on stock heads and block. thanks also to all the people that helped me learn alot over the weekend.

It was good to finally meet you Tony. Your car is flying man, very impressive for stock untouched 8445 heads on a stock block.
Congrats on your new best pass. Tracey and I had a blast at the event. She was really loving all the fast Buicks.
Can't wait to go next year myself.

Patrick

Same to U

Thanks Patches;) i had a great time after the rain cleared I hate rain and winters. it was good to meet you too. By the way your sticker got ruined lastnight in the rain. If you get anymore made i will take a few more . thanks.

I had a great time too! I'll be back next year.

That track hooked for me. Beat my previous best 60' by .05 seconds:D

Nice to meet some new people and see alot of guys I've met before up there;)

Tony, I understand your concerns, but as was pointed out,this was our first attempt to hold this event to this magnatude. Loyd and I have never handled the whole thing before, just the actual running of stuff at the track, this being US 41.
We won't be going back to the microbrewery next year. We had more Buicks there around 7, when it started, but folks went in to eat and drink. Lo and behold, 3 of their staff called in sick so there was a major cluster- you-know-what in regards of even getting seated, much less your food. While this was not the brewery's fault in one way, it's not like it was a surprise that we were coming and they did nothing to help the situation. Many folks left, and for those of us that stayed, it took at least 2 hours to get our meals. So we'll find someplace else next year.

This was our first time at Osceola, and we'll have to take baby steps - both the track and us. At this time, they wouldn't rent to us both days. I'm sure they weren't convinced we could bring in as many cars as we did. They have many regular racers on Sundays and don't want to disappoint them. We had no clue as to how many would show up, either. Maybe next year we can try to have a formal swap area. Maybe more vendors will show up - you just can't predict - it's like the weather.

We knew the track had some rough spots - but it's better than it was. It takes time for these smaller tracks to make major improvements. Tim - the owner - has sunk more money into the track and staging lanes lately. Over winter the bathrooms and the "garage" are slated to get knocked down and a new concession stand and bathrooms are going to get built.

How did you like the track itself? And for us - the track personnel were fantastic - very friendly and helpful to all. Maybe they had to get a little stern about moving things along every so often but they wanted us to try to get our full program in before it rained again on Saturday, and to blend in as well as we could on Sunday. I truly didn't hear many complaints - and I really wish you had talked to us in person about the cruise night. We have had a suggestion for BWW in Mishawaka next year - nice and roomy and a big parking lot.

I'm sorry if any of you were disappointed with this as an event. Please send us your concerns so we can try to do better next year. That's the only way we can grow as an event.

Still - 77 cars racing isn't that bad of a race count.... for us, anyway.

I think a two day track rental would be great then it could just be the Buicks, even though I think our Buicks impressed some of the locals. As far as the track goes, they have put a lot of work into and have more plans coming I say it was a decent facility and would like to see next year's midwest challenge there. I do agree that on Saturday that they should have had one lane set for time trials only and let people run instead of all the down time but that's something you can work with the track on. That way it would have been racing instead of a lot of down time. As far as racing the locals not really an issue on first round most of us hung back and grouped together and if that's how we have to run Sunday so be it. Not like anyone controls the weather last I checked.(as far as trying to get everything in after prepping the track) I think Mr and Mrs. Lloyd did an excellent job as well as everyone else that was helping out. It was a great time and we meet a lot of nice folks. Your group put on a really great Buick Event no matter what others might think and some really nice pay outs as well. Well Done. Thanks to Sam and Patrick for getting my busted Buick fixed and running again for Sunday, that was very appreciated!!!

Jamie

Mwc

Had a great time as usual. Like the town that we stayed in very people friendly not out in the woods. Even though the weather has been killing me this year. I was impressed with the turn outs and how friendly the local racers were. I had one guy get me a drill and rtv. Very nice in my book. But I think we put a kink in their races because I saw Quite a few Buicks in second round. :D

Steve

We had one make it to the final 11 and he lost by a whisper .00197 you couldn't get any close then that.

I made it through the first and 2nd then got screwed out of the win because whoever I was racing did not courtesy stage and I was waiting for him to back up and start over because that was the rules but that did not happen? Why I do not no.

I thought they were going to re-set the lights. But then all the sudden you backed up and the tree came down. That should not have happend!!!!!!!
It should have been re-run.
Hope you have better luck next time!!!!!
Scott~

The tree is set to autostart, so when both cars are in, the tree is automatically started with a random delay. Did Scott Simpson give a reason why he would not let the race be re-run?

Was there test and tune on saturday. I talked to a couple people that were there on sunday and was disappointed there is no test and tune. I wanted to tune after brackets. If it is there next year i and a few others will go on the saturday and test and tune. I was a little disappointed on how slow they were on getting cars down the track but that may attribute to only 1 turn off at the end of the track.