Midwest Buick Challenge - Sept. 7-9, 2007

Friday night – you all can go to the track and join in with the track’s regular program. The Track opens at 4:00 pm, and holds Test and Tune. Or you can join some of us at the Mishawaka Brewing Company for a cruise night! This facility has a huge parking lot in the back, a bar and restaurant inside, and a Putt Putt golf facility next door. This starts at 7:00 pm and is located at 3703 North Main Street, Mishawaka, IN. The Putt Putt has 3 courses, an arcade and a snack center. The address is 3615 North Main Street. Both of these are located about 2 miles from the hotels.

Saturday – the track opens at 8:00 am. We have the track to ourselves – so we can test and tune all day, until 5:00 pm. There is going to be a car show, tentatively from 9:00 am until 1:00 pm. Detail to follow. We’re also going to hold a gamblers race, a ladies race, TSM and TSO. So we’ll be seeing some fast and pretty cars!

Sunday is the bracket racing, along with the track’s regular program. There will also be a Super 8 and Quick 16. The track opens at 8:00 am this day, also, with Time Trials to start at 9:00 am. Eliminations are to start at 1:00 pm. Racing runs until we’re done!

Pricing? There are a couple of options, for the car and driver. You can race Friday and Saturday for $75. You can race Friday, Saturday and Sunday for $85. Friday only is $20; Saturday only is $35 and Sunday only is $40. Spectators pay $7 on Friday, and $10 on Saturday or Sunday. Kids 6-11 are $4 all days, and under 6 are free.

Sounds like fun? I sure hope you can join us. More details, sponsors and payouts are to follow. In the meantime, here’s the hotel information. Please note that most of these will not be held after August 7, 2007. So please hurry!

HOTELS – MISHAWAKA, IN

Super 8
535 University Drive
Mishawaka. IN
574-247-0888
$59.99 a night
These rooms are reserved under Sharon Bonecutter, and we have 15 rooms at this hotel.

Hampton Inn
445 University Drive
Mishawaka, IN
574-273-2309
$109 a night
These rooms are reserved under Sharon Bonecutter or MWBC – confirmation #81650503
We have 15 rooms reserved at this hotel

Fairfield Inn
425 University Drive
Mishawaka, IN
574-273-2202
$90 a night
These rooms are reserved under MWBC Group
We have 8 rooms at this hotel

Comfort Inn & Suites
5640 North Main Street
Mishawaka, IN
$85 a night – we have 20 rooms at this hotel.
Internet users: Please copy and paste the following URL into your browser. Folks will be able to click on it, to register/pay for their rooms.
https://www.groople.com/hotels/RoomRegistrationLanding.aspx?id=GPM5U1&uid=121205
If your group members do not have access to e-mail please have them call us at 1.888.447.6675 - mention code VERIZON with your reference number: GPM5U1

Country Inn and Suites
120 University Drive
Mishawaka, IN
$102 a night – we have 10 rooms at this hotel
Internet users: Please copy and paste the following URL into your browser. Folks will be able to click on it, to register/pay for their rooms.
https://www.groople.com/hotels/RoomRegistrationLanding.aspx?id=GP0ZUO&uid=121205

If your group members do not have access to e-mail please have them call us at 1.888.447.6675 - mention code VERIZON with your reference number: GP0ZUO

Holiday Inn Express
420 University Drive
Mishawaka, IN
$102 a night – we have 20 rooms at this hotel.
Internet users: Please copy and paste the following URL into the e-mail. Folks will be able to click on it, to register/pay for their rooms.

https://www.groople.com/hotels/RoomRegistrationLanding.aspx?id=GPS2F0&uid=121205
If your group members do not have access to e-mail please have them call us at 1.888.447.6675 - mention code VERIZON with your reference number: GPS2F0

Camping
There is no camping available at the track.

There is camping available at the Elkhart Campground, 25608 County Road 4 East, Elkhart, IN 574-264-2914.

Payout info will follow - stay tuned....

Another group of hotels:

Roseland, IN

Quality Inn
515 Dixieway North
Roseland, IN
574-272-6600
$79 a night
We have 30 rooms reserved here, under Chicago GS Club.

Sounds like alot of fun...I am located about 20 minutes from the track and I have all kinds of tools and equipment (welder, torches, compressors, air tools, hand tools, etc...) if anyone has problems or questions about the area I would be willing to help. Hope to see lots of cars there...

Thanks, that will be much appreciated. Do you go to the track much? And I guess more importantly - will you be there that weekend? ;)

Take care,
Shari

I do go to O.C. for test and tune regularly. P.M. me and I can give you my cell phone #. My shop is in South Bend, and yes I will be there with aproximatly 8-10 local T.R. and T.T.A. owners. We even have a g.n. powered camaro and Typhoon within shouting distance. We are very excited...

Dixie way north is also a pretty good spot for cruising when there is an event in town. Another spot where the young/ import crowd cruises every weekend is U.S. 20 (Mckinley rd.) mishawaka. Also known as town and country. Hey House hows that new G.N.?That was mine and my brothers car, you delt with my brother Tim. Come on up! It sure seems like it will be an awsome event.

Osceola

JACK COTTON HAS THIS EVENT ON HIS CALENDAR AND IS GOING TO TRY AND BE HERE!!!!!!!!:eek:

HOUSE, HOPE TO SEE YOU THERE!

OSCEOLA DRAGWAY IS APROX 2HRS FROM CHICAGO

TELL ALL OF YOUR FRIENDS;)

I got my heads back Friday... Unless somthing else unforseen comes up I should be able to run at this event. Love to see alot of GN's and Hybrids show up.!!!!!
Thanks to the staff for arranging the event and keeping us up to date!
~Scott~

Got them back last friday..... Trying to find time right now to put it back together is hard. I'm very far behind schedule with projects after my wife having major sergery. She'll be down for 6wks. I'll try and get it back together but taking care of her and the boys right now is first.
I'm ready to have it running too!!!
~Scott~

Ill be there along with a couple others from Kalamazoo, My friend in Elkhart just bought a Shelby GT 500 so maybe I can get him to run it on fri. I havnt raced in 3 years so Im looking forward to it. I hope they prep the track for us cause last time I was there it had no bite.

I think the traction problem at O.C. is resolved. A local racer Bryant Goldstone launched his Javilin and pulled wheels up so high he snapped his wheely bars. He let off to bring it back down and miss judged easing into the throttle. When he hit the throttle he pulled all four wheels off the ground.

I am excited about the event being there. The new track management has been making several improvements to the track. It is true that O.C. was getting run down but they are really trying to turn it back into a nice facility.

Most of the spectators and racers at this event have respect for the Buick V6 cars. I think this is mostly because of the amount of people that frequent that track with their Turbo Buicks. I remember one Friday night there were 6 GN’s there and one Turbo TransAm. Didn’t some one take a picture of that?

I hope several from out of town attend this event it should be a lot of fun!!!!!!!!!!!!

Sam, it's good to hear a report on the traction. We had heard that they were trying to turn things around. When we went to look at the track, they had just paved the staging lanes. They are super people to work with, too. Very accomodating!

We're hoping for a good turnout, too. If all goes well, we'll be back there next year, too. We'll have to check the football schedule....

Looking forward to it!

How long of a drive is it from Kokomo? I've never been any further north than Bunker Hill.