Midwest Buick Challenge - Sept. 7-9, 2007

I'm pretty sure we'll be coming down with a few cars from the Chicago area and southern wisconsin. Looking forward to it!

wow I didn't even know this event was being moved to Osceola, that's right down the street from me.

As offered by a few others I'm within 10 miles of the track and have plenty of tools for working on cars or I have access to a few shops that my friends own (or I'm sure Scott UR50SLO will offer his shop that is typically filled with Turbo Buicks anyways) that anyone is free to use.

The track prep has slowly gotten better. On fridays it really doesn't hook that great because of the number of street cars that come out, but who knows a fox body put it on the bumper last week which was unexpected.

Sam I used to have picures on my old phone of when the GNs and my TTA all went out there, but it died and I forgot to take them off.

Does anyone know if the event is going to feature a car show again?

Yes, the Indiana Chapter is running a car show on Saturday morning. We don't have the time established yet but will after the Columbus event.

Don't forget that we have a cruise at the Mishawaka Brewing Company Friday night after 7:00 pm.

Also that hotel rooms won't be held after 8/7. (again, not my idea!)

This is sounding better and better....

We didn't change tracks because US 41 was closed - we planned on changing after the way we were treated last year. US 41 needs to learn how to treat their customers.

Enough about that....

Sherri as good as my car has run.And as well as i have run at 41. I support your move 100% Se you at oc. Walt Judy

U.S. 41 is going through some MAJOR ownership issues at the moment thus why everything there seems screwy. I agree they treated the Midwest Challenge last year like it was nothing...call the number to the track right now and you'll get a nice little voice recording of someone bashing the current guy in charge. Apparently they are still open for test and tune.

ANYWAYS...I will be at the MWC this year but not with my car of course. BUT I will have TONS of parts for sale. I'll be in a bright red 97' Ford F-150 4x4. It's going to be my stroker motor fundraiser. LOL

Thanks, Walt - Loyd and I always appreciate the support. And you guys just add to the fun factor! Have you got your hotel rooms yet?

And Don - very cool! Swap spaces and vendor spaces are free, so the more parts to sell, the better!

I know US 41 is having issues, and I don't wish any kind of hard luck to them. I hope they get things sorted out.

Take care,

I went to my normal link on my favorites and saw the schedule of events and thought everything was ok....
I put the above link on the my post as the main page but never read it.
So... is it open for Test/tune or totaly closed? Sounds like alot is going on down there. Sorry to hear about that. Yikes!

I like 41 for the test and tune but we'll never go down for the Chaos event again. We got 2passes in in 4-5hrs. Realy sucked. On a normal T/Tune it's great. Track hooks well and setup nice.

I've only been out to Osceola 1 or 2 times in the last 5yrs and my shop is about 2miles away! That's how much good feelings I have about that track.
It's close but they've had ownership issues as well.
I'd trust the Typhoon to hook there but that's about it. :(
Maby it's changed... Guess I shouldn't judge since I don't run there anymore.
~Scott

O.c.

Scott,
I can assure the traction issues at O.C. are resolved. Nitrous Dave just stood his 10 inch wide tired Mustang straight up on the rear bumper two weekends ago.

I don’t think the track has changed ownership, but the guy who is running it is as dedicated to racing as you are. It really makes a difference when some one wants to do a job as opposed to just having to do a job. It is apparent this guy wants to do the job and enjoys doing it.

They currently just a laid a bunch of pavement and changed the staging lanes completely around. The tech tower is also new this year. It is near the entrance to the staging lanes.

With the suspension you have on that Camaro I don’t think traction would have bean an issue for you, but after watching several of the wheels up that has bean happening out there I am convinced you won’t have an issue.

Affordable GN (the car you put the three inch exhaust on) pulled the left wheel on his way to an 11.65 E.T. a few weeks ago.

The main thing that makes the Buick events fun to attend is being around all the people that have the same interests we do.

I'll be at the race all day Saturday the 8th because I have to work the other two days. I'm going to have tons of parts for sale...PTE oiling system, MSD plug wires, aluminum radiator with dual fan assembly, tranny cooler with fan on it and stainless braided cooler line going to the trans, stock crank, rods, pistons, main caps, high volume front cover with high volume oil pump, cam sensors, stock flywheel, lt1 aluminum starter, stock motor and tranny mounts (not very old), many more things I am forgetting...again you won't be able to miss me...big red Ford F-150 with hard top tonneu cover...please donate to my Dan Strezo stroker motor project! LOL!