Methanol vers. denatured

Thats as bad as the guy buying the denatured from home depot then filling the can with water and returning it..

Dunno bout RedRegalT cultivating friendships at ACE hardware :D

lol i actually thought about going into walmart with a water bottle and filling it up with denatured and walking out, hahaha.

How does the SMC pump respond to using washer fluid? It's cheap, is 50% water and 50% methanol right? About 99 cents per gallon. Is the pump succeptable to rust or corrosion?

its pretty much 50% water, 50% of some form of alcohol, and like a drip of blue dye...check a bottle, you'll see...Lots of people use washer fluid for water injection...fairly common.

i have been using straight 100% denatured alcohol and i haven't had issues really...just had my boost too high...now running 22 psi safely and no knock whatsoever...sometimes i can get up to 25 lbs of boost with no knock but i have to really gradually get into it...i can't mash the pedal down like i can with 22 psi without major transitional knock...

Thats as bad as the guy buying the denatured from home depot then filling the can with water and returning it..

Now wouldn't he feel stupid if he bought that exact can of so called Alky about a month or 2 later? Can return it or really even use it. HAHAHAHA

I'd like to know about the washer fluid also...Is it compatable with the SMC kit??

I am under the impression that as long as the proper lubricant (klotz lube) is used, you should be fine.

>>> hi all, i'm a newbie here. When we use alcohol injection, is it 100% alcohol in the tank or some kind of mixture with water?

cheers

I have been running 50/50 water/ethanol. I haven't gone to 100% ethanol becuase I worry about flammabilty. I have also read that the there isn't a benefit to running greater than 50% (Anybody that's tried both know for sure?)

Also, I found an MSDS for washer fluid. The methanol was 35% -not bad for $1. I'm more concerned about the blue dye. It leaves crusties on my washer fliud bottle. What's it do in the turbo?

One thing about ethanol. It's difficult to seperate from water. That may be why it's $8/gallon. They are trying the purify it, and then some of us go and dilute it.

If we could find a source of "wet" ethanol, it should be very cheap and "pre-mixed".