Metallic rattle coming from trans/converter

Tom Tom Turbo

Turbo Goes Woo Woo
Guys, I have a Jimmy's Level 2 trans and a 3200 Precision Vigilante multi-disk lock up converter. When the trans gets up to normal operating temps, I get a noticeable rattle from 1800 to about 3000 rpm. It increases repetition with RPM increase. Seems to go away when the converter locks and is much more noticeable in 1st/2nd gear.

I've checked converter and flywheel bolts (none loose) and there are no cracks on the factory flywheel. Any thoughts?

I've had this same combo for about 8k miles and it hasn't done it until recently. The converter/trans are about 10 years old, but have very few miles on them, as the car was stored.

Posted from the TurboBuick.Com mobile app

Guys, I have a Jimmy's Level 2 trans and a 3200 Precision Vigilante multi-disk lock up converter. When the trans gets up to normal operating temps, I get a noticeable rattle from 1800 to about 3000 rpm. It increases repetition with RPM increase. Seems to go away when the converter locks and is much more noticeable in 1st/2nd gear.

I've checked converter and flywheel bolts (none loose) and there are no cracks on the factory flywheel. Any thoughts?

I've had this same combo for about 8k miles and it hasn't done it until recently. The converter/trans are about 10 years old, but have very few miles on them, as the car was stored.

As a quick diagnosis, I would say the pressure relief spring in the pump has broken on the roll pin. Pull the pan, you can usually find pieces of this spring. If this is the case, do not drive till repaired. I have the spring and pin if needed in stock.

Thanks! I'll be pulling the pan anyway to replace the filter/fluid.

Posted from the TurboBuick.Com mobile app