Met Buddy Ingersoll

regal

I remember seeing Buddy's Regal in West Palm Beach at Moroso when it was running comp as a BB/AT?....he was pitted by WJ. Reher-Morrison were there with Lee Shepard driving.I think Gary Brown had a Camaro with the still new DRCE in it also...I will never forget the Regal..went like 7.90's and the sound was so cool...awesome car...was McLaren involved it the engine program?...thanks Buddy for your knowledge and professionalism over all these years...top guy.

sorry for delay.....not with our turbo designs,he was busy elsewhere....with all the advances in electronics still alot you can do mechanically to advance that 1st second boost off the line, a motor is still a motor no matter what you add on electronically.it still comes down to engine 101(if you cant add you wont be able to multiply)where does your boost come from? ....right?

Buddy,

Forgive me for my ignorance, but I read somewhere that you went from a larger turbo to to smaller 208mm units....was that a typo?....what size turbo/s did you run before and after if you don't mind me asking :D I was also wondering if you were using an 8 bolt set up...I'm pretty sure I know the answer, but the unbelievable happens all the time like that Buddy guy from 1986 running 260 cubes vs 700 plus ;) :D