Met Buddy Ingersoll

Gbody5

Stuck in the 80's
Shook his hand and had brief conversation, all at a small car show in Southern Illinois on July 2nd. :cool:

I was in my 87 GN, got a top 20 plaque. Buddy took best of show with a magnificent 1950 chopped and slammed Mercury and another Ingersoll; his brother I suspect, took home a trophy for his 1949 Mercury. Both cars were absolutley top notch.

Just had to share. :wink:

was anything mentioned about that white pro stock regal he had ? im just wondering what ever happened to that car .

No, the conversation was pretty light, I complimented him on his Merc's. He did say his brother or son, can't remember for sure has a couple of GN's, I'll bet they have some secret recipe's in them. ;)

fighterjet gn said:
was anything mentioned about that white pro stock regal he had ? im just wondering what ever happened to that car .
A local Detroit area guy owns it.

someone needs to find this guy and get some photos and info. We now have the original owner of the car on this board!! WOW!

that was my younger brother leroy and of course he has fast buicks. leroy does alot of work on bobby don's fast rac'in buick. i dont go to a car show that i dont come home with trophies with my merc's.....i enjoyed meeting you as all who come up and say hello.

The guy who use to drive your hauler came up to a car show in Centralia, this summer. He made a bee line to my car and 2 hours later of stories his wife told him he had to leave......:biggrin: I think he use to be an accountant?
Seemed like a nice guy. Full of stories though...:D

Holy crap..... Buddy Ingersoll is on TB.com!!

:biggrin::biggrin::biggrin::biggrin::biggrin::biggrin::biggrin::biggrin::biggrin:

Mercs anyone?

WOULD LIKE TO SEE THE MERCS?.....and where are the pictures of bobby dons cars at on this sight?....can't beleive he's missin photo op.....try to get some pics up and hope you dont mind not all are buicks.....

WOULD LIKE TO SEE THE MERCS?.....and where are the pictures of bobby dons cars at on this sight?....can't beleive he's missin photo op.....try to get some pics up and hope you dont mind not all are buicks.....

I want to see more Diamond T pics.
I have always though about building a crewcab Diamond REO, updated interior with all the creature comforts & powered by a newer Diesel.

Attachments

• DSC05079 (Large).jpg
    DSC05079 (Large).jpg
    57.6 KB · Views: 696
comment?

no comment on photo's,sorry there not buick's guys but if i cruise around my area in a turbo buick id be race'in every hot rod around and that would equal a smile on my face but no drivers license.i still like the look on the loser's face as he looks at a turbo buick that has just beat'in him!

:eek:Very nice cars, Buddy. Mercs are very nice cars! I just want to thank you for all you done for the Buick reputation when you were racing! Stuff legends are made of!