Met Buddy Ingersoll

Mercurys

Hi Buddy,
Beautiful Mercs, do you have any photos of the motors? Are they turbo powered?

One of the coolest threads in my opinon since I became a member...

In regards to the photo's I have always loved the merc's of that era... I cannot afford at this time to own such gem's but soon I'm sure...Your machines seem to be top notch. (suprise suprise :D )

Thanks for help paving a kick a$$ road for us to travel on!!

Those are some nice rides you got there!

I like the Merc's alot. Are all 3 yours? Or is one your brothers?

I really like the Diamond T. I think it would be a great candidate for Turbo Diesel:biggrin:

Buddy,

Great to have you here. As Turbo Buick owners, we like to pride of our selves as people who can think outside the box and come up with a better way of doing things. You Sir, are one of the hand full of people who first inspired us to challenge our minds, on what's possible with these cars. I can now tell my wife that she's got you to blame for all the hours that I spend out in the garage:D. Thanks for sharing some great photos. Love the mercs.:cool:

Happy spooling.

Mike Barnard

Are all 3 yours? Or is one your brothers? --------------===================================== all mine and two more setting outside waiting for tlc...............................leroy and i have a selection to drive of over 100 pure hotrods to pick from since a good friend in herrin has them in storage, top notch and well kept, thanks denny:smile:

neon signs

by the way, anyone have any old or non working neon tube signs?, im trying to finish the wrap around in my garage and have canvased this area. would very much appreciate this. as you see by above pictures i have a few more to go.......AND BEFORE I FORGET.....MERRY CHRISTMAS TO YOU'ALL AND THIS GREAT HOME FOR V6,hope all of you a great next year of race'in and cruis'in. ........from the cluttered desk of buddy ingersoll............heres my no#.1 fan....jordan:smile:

Cool Thread!

Mr. Ingersoll,

You truly are an icon in the sport. There was an old ESPN video floating around here somewhere..... it really showed how much ahead of the times you were and how "scared" some of the heavyweights really were of that little V6.

This is getting off topic.... but if you care to share...... tell us a little about your combo you were running back in the day..... compression..... cubic inches.... heads... cam etc..... how much boost? I am totally intrigued by what you accomplished for that era in drag racing.

Welcome to the turbo Buick community, you will find many loyal fans here.....

10 to 1----------260---------alumn. buick heads -------------comp. cam------27lbs.

First, thanks for sharing.....

Just a guess......but I would think that.....based on 27 lbs of boost.... and 260 ci ...... that you did turn that motor some pretty high RPM's to extract that sort of power........ and the heads obviously flowed accordingly....

beautiful

The Mercs are beautiful but there is something that I really like about the Diamond T. Maybe it is that it is almost as low as the chopped and lowered cars. I really do like the truck. Want to trade for a 87 T?;)
My Grand father would love those gas pumps, he's got a collection but he's too tired to do much with them these days. Of course they're not going anywhere either. He's got the neon signs that you're lookin for too but hopefully you can't get em for a long while.