MECHANIC IN CHICAGO??

PATINO

Hi guys i just recently bought an 86 regal with an 85 gn motor in it it needs some tuning n other little things i was wondering if you guys knew about someone or a shop in chicago land area that works on turbo buicks?

thank you

Welcome to TB.com!:)

I can honestly say I've never seen a hot air motor put into a cold air car. You sure thats not a 85 with a 86 motor? :D

What side of town you on?

Rick

I'm in the northern burbs. I could possibly take a look at it for you.
I own both an 87 and and 85 to swap a part as part of troubleshooting if needed.
I'm between jobs so I have some time on my hands. I don't charge much.
Send me an email if interested.

Update: after going for an interview today, I'm now employed again.
But I'm still willing to help you out if you need it.

Yes I'm sure well that's what the previous owner told me it is a regular regal that was in the process of being cloned the motor is an 85 which has had an intercooler put on it

By the way guys I'm located in the north side around portage park area thanks for any info

Here's a pic of what my engine looks like
image-930247637.jpg

Yes I'm sure well that's what the previous owner told me it is a regular regal that was in the process of being cloned the motor is an 85 which has had an intercooler put on it

85's didn't come with an intercooler, however aftermarket ones can be made. Pop the hood and post a couple pics if you can. Or at least tell us if the turbo is in the front of the engine or the back.

And 86-87 will look something like this - http://www.google.com/imgres?hl=en&...w=197&start=0&ndsp=28&ved=1t:429,r:5,s:0,i:89

and a 84-85 will be something like this - http://www.google.com/imgres?hl=en&...175&start=0&ndsp=25&ved=1t:429,r:0,s:20,i:133

Lol yea well there u go I'm sure it's an aftermarket none the less the car hauls ass lol..... N yes the turbo is located in the upper left side by the passenger side

I'm in the northern burbs. I could possibly take a look at it for you.
I own both an 87 and and 85 to swap a part as part of troubleshooting if needed.
I'm between jobs so I have some time on my hands. I don't charge much.
Send me an email if interested.

Update: after going for an interview today, I'm now employed again.
But I'm still willing to help you out if you need it.

I messaged you hopefully you can help me thanks in advance

Well if anyone could help while i try n find a mechanic this is what i need help with. the car seems to stay revving itslef after i press on the gas a lil bit then when i press it hard itll seem to go back to normal n the idle drops down again. someone told me it might be my tps sensor or my throttle body. also when im driving itll stop fine but then if i wana move forward a lil bit the car will seem to wana take off after letting go off the brake and i have to press the brake really hard to stay there. i havent gotten a scan master yet since i just got the car last week