Max effort stage II with carb

Simon, Also!! I know you and others wont buy this statement , BUT I know you will check it out yourself. 98 octain fuel is actually more powerfull than
100 , 104 , 108 etc. Its all the same gas!! Its what they add to the gas that makes it less detonation proned. The more stuff they put in it the more it gets basically deluted:eek: But with the additives to keep it from detonating you can compress it more and release more of the energy!! OK let the beatings start!! Mike:cool:

Simon, Also!! I know you and others wont buy this statement , BUT I know you will check it out yourself. 98 octain fuel is actually more powerfull than
100 , 104 , 108 etc. Its all the same gas!! Its what they add to the gas that makes it less detonation proned. The more stuff they put in it the more it gets basically deluted:eek: But with the additives to keep it from detonating you can compress it more and release more of the energy!! OK let the beatings start!! Mike:cool:
Mike, I absolutely agree with you! :tongue: It's best to use the octane fuel that the engine needs to stave off detonation. Using a fuel that has more octane than necessary, will hurt performance.

yes i forgot to say 36 degrees is the magic number for the total timing, i advancing the timing seen the power just fall off the graph but redarding lost only a small amount of power, the max power is still at 6000 rpm or just short of. i spent some time trying to get some drivablilty out of the car and i kept having the valve train become real noisy, so i was checking and constantly changing the lash and i found the figure was getting bigger when hot! yes the lash grew .004 on intake, .007 on exh when hot! is this normal? i was giving it 0.002 and 0.004 when it's cold. however the lash values seem to be constantly growing a few thou...

yes i forgot to say 36 degrees is the magic number for the total timing, i advancing the timing seen the power just fall off the graph but redarding lost only a small amount of power, the max power is still at 6000 rpm or just short of. i spent some time trying to get some drivablilty out of the car and i kept having the valve train become real noisy, so i was checking and constantly changing the lash and i found the figure was getting bigger when hot! yes the lash grew .004 on intake, .007 on exh when hot! is this normal? i was giving it 0.002 and 0.004 when it's cold. however the lash values seem to be constantly growing a few thou...
The lash will grow as the engine goes from cold to hot. You should reach a point where the lash stabilizes after the first few adjusting sessions. If the lash continues to change on you that much, it will be time to look for wearing parts. Make sure you are adjusting the valves at the same engine temp.