Marine looking for new car

USMCSteelerFan

Hey everyone. I have $12,000 and im looking for a well kept Buick Grand National. Low miles, no rust. I'm stationed in NC but i can get a moving company to pick it up for me if your a few states away. Please make me offers either by PM or in this thread. I almost snagged a syclone but got outbid at the last second. :(

this thread is officially dead. Just purchased a 1999 ford lightning with 15k on it. Thank you for the offers though

this thread is officially dead. Just purchased a 1999 ford lightning with 15k on it. Thank you for the offers though

Best of luck with your new truck....Just watch those spark plugs...They like to exit the heads on those early lightning's..Causing alot of damage.Not a cheap fix either.

Know a few people that it happened to...If you google "Lightning Spark plug loss"..You can read up on it.

Oh yeah...GO Steelers!! :D

Best of luck with your new truck....Just watch those spark plugs...They like to exit the heads on those early lightning's..Causing alot of damage.Not a cheap fix either.

Know a few people that it happened to...If you google "Lightning Spark plug loss"..You can read up on it.

Oh yeah...GO Steelers!! :D

wow i had no idea about the spark plugs on those trucks. i really like the lightnings but after reading up on the plug issue thats a real eye opener :eek:

wow i had no idea about the spark plugs on those trucks. i really like the lightnings but after reading up on the plug issue thats a real eye opener :eek:

I think starting from the 01 Lightnings they fixed the problem...On the 99-00 models...There are barely any threads holding the spark plugs in.A buddy of mine had his shoot out,And it did alot of other damage in the process.I think the total for the fix was somewhere in the $2500 range.Needless to say he sold the truck right after fixing it.|

He isn't the only one I know that it happened to.

I think starting from the 01 Lightnings they fixed the problem...On the 99-00 models...There are barely any threads holding the spark plugs in.A buddy of mine had his shoot out,And it did alot of other damage in the process.I think the total for the fix was somewhere in the $2500 range.Needless to say he sold the truck right after fixing it.|

He isn't the only one I know that it happened to.

Actually,starting in'03 the fixed the problem.Yes they made those trucks with faulty heads for 3 years before they done anything about it.I had a '02 and loved it,but i was afraid of the plugs,and the weak rods.You need to check and make sure that your truck has the intercooler recall done,they tend to leak on the '99's.Keep a check on the tightness of the plugs.I used to everytime i would change the oil.