March schedule of events

Status
Not open for further replies.

Sydwyndr

Admin
Staff member
This is to make everyone aware of the day by day schedule so you can make your plans to attend accordingly

The physical address for the first part of the event (Mon - Wed)is:
Autosound 2000
2557 Faucette Lane
Burlington, NC 27217.

The physical address for the racing part of the event (Wed - Sat)is:

Piedmont Dragway
6750 Holts Store Rd
Julian, NC 27283

Monday 15th: (9am-7pm)
We will be doing parts testing as well as having the dyno running all day long. The main point of Monday is to provide testing courtesy of Precision Turbo & Engine. We will have test vehicles that Precision will be providing turbos and hardware to test old turbos against the new line of Precision turbos. This will be able to show actual HP difference between what someone currently has vs the newest technology from PT&E. After which the test turbos will be deeply discounted for those maybe wanting to make a purchase. (Details to come so don't even ask right now).;)

Tuesday 16th: (9am-7pm)
We will continue to have parts testing as well as vendors that will be on site selling their stuff so please support them in their effort. We will have lunch between 12noon and 1 courtesy of ZDDPlus. At 1pm we will begin the Tech sessions with all invited guests until we end in the evening. Dyno will be available from 9am until 11am.

Wednesday 17th 1.(9am-11am) 2.(1pm - 7pm)
1. We will have a round table discussion with all tech speakers so the you will be able to ask them follow up questions you might have forgotten from the day before. If you want to caravan from Burlington to Piedmont Dragway courtesy of the Alamance and Guilford county sheriffs dept. please be ready to leave around noon. The meeting location will be finalized soon.
2. We will be going to Piedmont Dragway which will be open for TNT from 1pm until 7pm.

Thursday 18th (12noon - 7pm)
This will be strictly a TNT day for anyone wanting track time. Richards shop will still be available for anyone that maybe missed the first half of the week and still would like to do some parts and dyno testing.

Friday 19th (11am - 7pm)
We will open the gates at the track at 10am to allow for anyone wanting to come in and park and ready to make time runs or get set up for the swap meet or commercial vending. We will start times runs at 11am and we will have 2 rounds of qualifying for ALL categories to get ready for the race on Saturday. We will however run Tag Team race Friday and Saturday so get ready to laugh hard... This day we will give away a set of 255/60/15 Mickey Thompson drag radial tires with your entry into the $10 raffle with no limit. We will also have 50/50 and doorprize drawings. The tire giveaway will be at 6pm and you MUST BE PRESENT TO WIN or we will draw another winning ticket so don't throw your tickets away.

Saturday 20th (11am - finish)
We will open the gates at 10am and qualifying will begin at 11am. We will again have 2 rounds of qualifying for those that feel that they may need it. We will begin racing as soon as 2nd round of qualifying is completed. This day we will be giving away the XFI system with your entry into the $10 raffle with no limit. We will also have 50/50 and doorprize drawings. The XFI giveaway will be at 4pm and you MUST BE PRESENT TO WIN or we will draw another winning ticket so don't throw your tickets away.

If I forgot something or if a schedule change takes place it will be posted on here. This should give everyone enough time to make their travel plans accordingly. Also don't forget about the Fair being in town from Tuesday thru Saturday for the family courtesy of ZDDPlus.

Good luck and I will see everyone in March!!
If you have any questions either PM me or send email to:
turbobuicknats@hotmail.com

That's ALOT of stuff going on!!!!

will be there for sure!!!

JD

Your ass better be running something!! Lots to choose from: If ANYONE can't find something to run from the list below then you might wanna save yourself a trip to NC....

ZDDPlus Quick 8
HRPartsNStuff Super 16
GBodyParts TSO
Precision Turbo & Engine TSM
GNS Performance TSR
Hartline Performance THS
Alkycontrol TAI
ZDDPlus TSA
Champion Racing Heads 6.99
Cottons Performance 7.49
Twisted 6/PTC 8.49
Tag Team

Your ass better be running something!! Lots to choose from: If ANYONE can't find something to run from the list below then you might wanna save yourself a trip to NC....

ZDDPlus Quick 8
HRPartsNStuff Super 16
GBodyParts TSO
Precision Turbo & Engine TSM
GNS Performance TSR
Hartline Performance THS
Alkycontrol TAI
ZDDPlus TSA
Champion Racing Heads 6.99
Cottons Performance 7.49
Twisted 6/PTC 8.49
Tag Team

Not that I don't want to RACE but TRYING TO GET EXTRA MONEY!!!!

to afford to able to RACE!!!!

JD

Does anyone have a physical address to the event location. Never been in that neck of the woods before and would like to mapquest it so I know where I'm going. I'm looking forward to it.
Steve

Does anyone have a physical address to the event location. Never been in that neck of the woods before and would like to mapquest it so I know where I'm going. I'm looking forward to it.
Steve

6750 Holts Store Rd, Julian, NC 27283

hope this HELPS!!!

That's the track's address. We'll also need the addy for Richard Clark's place where the tech stuff is being held the first 3 days.

Are you sure those dates are right, If Im not mistaken that Mon should be the 10th and end Sat the 15th
NEVER MIND I THOUGHT I WAS LOOKING AT THE LINK FOR THE BOWLING GREEN EVENT

First 3 days event is at his shop and last 2 days at the track? Will the vendors be at both places?

Several vendors will be at both like Cotton's and HRPartsNStuff. First 3 days (Mon - Wed) at RC's place and Wed - Sat (4 days) at race track. This event is different from others due to combining 2 seperate events together. If you haven't been to Burlington you don't know what your are missing. The amount of knowledge that will be available to everyone is unprecidented.. Bring pen and notebook cuz you will need it. There will also be new and exciting classes never before seen anywhere such as TSR , Tag Team, and Index. So I hope that everyone is making plans to join us. Will definately be something you won't soon forget.. Don't forget there will be a FAST XFI giveaway on Saturday which will include a FREE startup program.

Are hybrids welcome?
I am not looking to race (too slow) but would like to test and tune with the big dogs on Friday and Saturday

OOPs TNT is Thrusday HMMMM
that could be a problem.

As long as it is Buick powered or bodied it is welcome EVERYDAY. ANy other make can be run on thursday as that day is TNT that the track normally has.

Where is the event being held? If comming form the west coast where is the closest airport. Maps would help. Thanks Turbo 85

How about posting a simple summary of this event, dates, times, what's it all about, who are the sponsors, addresses, places to stay, directions, etc etc..is there a website?

You don't want to miss it!!!!!!!!!!!!

We went to the one last year and it was AWESOME! Being a Vendor/Sponsor, we had to stick around our booth at Richards (which doesn't have a downside!) except that we couldn't get away to go to the track the one day. Well now it's split up nice so we can be at both places & see/do it all!

For those not familiar with all this, the people involved are super nice & top notch! They are looking out to make it as best as possible for all that attend! And when I say "looking out" I mean doing just about everything possible! Plenty of stuff that you would NEVER expect from event coordinators/etc. Not going into details since what happened last year might be different for this year. And since it wasn't my money being spent, I don't want to speculate how they are spending their money on you guys this year :cool: .

Don't sweat the details, just plan it into your schedule! Here are a few points from my perspective:

1) Got to see a lot of good friends & met some new ones that don't come to some events up north by us.

2) Got to do an install of our swaybar on one of Richards lift (thanks again!) for a customer (that bought a Swaybar at the event), and did it as a tech session! Everyone got to see it happen first hand from start to finish (THANKS Dave England for help wrenching!!!). Plus everyone got to see and learn about all kinds of suspension stuff while it was happening!

3) The other tech sessions on many subjects were so interesting, I found myself wanting to leave our booth to attend the sessions! Hard to be in 2 places at the same time. Hope someone videos them this year, and I can watch them later on. Not the same since we can't ask the video questions, but better than missing it totally. These are true ask & get an answer type sessions, along with LOTS of info to help us go faster & safer!

4) The Best Western was better than any bestwest we have ever stayed at, awesome pool area etc. The staff was helpful & friendly, not like a lot of these hotels lately it seems.

5) The scenery there & on the way down was beautiful !!!!!! You may want to plan an extra day just to drive around!

6) They raffled off LOTS of stuff & we contributed some parts & T-shirts to the cause! Lots of nice stuff went to those that attended.

7) I think I caught some fly's with my mouth hanging open as I toured Richards shop there! It is truly a site to see! Everything from the parts he has to the equipment & the storage & organization & cars etc etc etc!!! And this is just his hobby!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! You won't believe what you will see!

8) We got to talk with people in great detail at Richards place! Was nice that people didn't have to rush back to their car to get in the lanes to make a pass (like other events at the tracks). People took their time & got to benefit from all the different topics & people speaking & what was new & exciting, as well as how to tune & work with the old tried & true stuff too. Was really laid back & a REAL good time. Also, one more vote for the sweet BBQ sauce ;) These guys KNOW how to entertain their guests!!!!

9) Oh yeah, and the dyno.... Nothing like standing next to cars going to full throttle & turbos screaming right next to you! FUN just doesn't put it into perspective.

And this year will be even better! Putting together a presentation with more tech stuff & info that can benefit anyone with 4 wheels & a motor! Also bringing our big roll-out display (didn't have last year) for all to see & understand how our stuff works & where it goes etc. Made the mistake last year & thought it was a little car show thing & wouldn't need it... :rolleyes: boy was I wrong!!!! Plus everyone else sponsoring will be adding to what they did last year & making it even better!

We will also be going to be at the track to help with anyone having suspension & traction issues this year (if there is any). The slightly cooler weather should make for some HIGH HP numbers & FAST PASSES!!! Also bringing more raffle items to help the cause, and some parts to sell & display. If anyone wants/needs something & wants it delivered to the event, PLEASE let us know 2 weeks or more before the event to be sure I can get it ready. Can probably work with shorter notice, but it helps to know further ahead. Also you can get a little off for cash deals to help out too. That way the bank doesn't get their fee for using a cc & doing nothing.

Lots of reasons to go, hard to list them all, hope that helps!
One of the top 3 events to say the least!
Good thing is, even if it rains (hate to even think it), there will be PLENTY to do & see all week! Can't say that about any other event I can think of. It's like a back-up plan that is already in place & on the schedule! Can't say enough good things about it... getting excited!!!

Status
Not open for further replies.