March Performance Intercooler Fan Adapter

Mike Swentzel

Has anyone purchased and installed their Billet Intercooler Fan Adapter? Is it a direct fit? It looks different than the stock adapter. Any input would be appreciated!

Attachments

• Screenshot_20230821_233422_Chrome.jpg
    Screenshot_20230821_233422_Chrome.jpg
    99 KB · Views: 46
  • Screenshot_20230821_233607_Google.jpg
    Screenshot_20230821_233607_Google.jpg
    452.2 KB · Views: 56
I had one of those but never did find out why? I bought a bunch of parts and it came in a box. I don't see why you would need it? The stock fan will bolt to Cramer's lower pulleys.

That adapter weighed as much as the entire stock fan set up if I remember correctly. It went for scrap alum because the price of scrap is high. lol

March pulleys aren't just about performance, it's clear the March looks nicer than the stock fan, it's mainly a show car etc upgrade. I'm surprised they didn't do the blades and charge more.

I use march stuff on Chevies but on a Buick RJC for the win. I wouldn't cover up Cramer's stuff with a stock fan.

I was hoping this would pop up again, couldn't find this post to send you pictures. It won't fit on your factory pulley, but if you have a Undersize Crank Pulley it'll fit. If you want a Undersize Crank Pulley, let me know, I'll sell you mine, sorry...It's Chrome, as for me, I just painted my intercooler fan for looks, I have a Precision Front Mount Intercooler LOL
20230824_164110.jpg20230824_164119.jpg20230824_164136.jpg20230824_164146.jpg20230824_164152.jpg20230824_164605.jpg20230824_164618.jpg
20200523_130845.jpg

I was hoping this would pop up again, couldn't find this post to send you pictures. It won't fit on your factory pulley, but if you have a Undersize Crank Pulley it'll fit. If you want a Undersize Crank Pulley, let me know, I'll sell you mine, sorry...It's Chrome, as for me, I just painted my intercooler fan for looks, I have a Precision Front Mount Intercooler LOL
View attachment 394909View attachment 394910View attachment 394911View attachment 394912View attachment 394913View attachment 394914View attachment 394915
View attachment 394908
Thanks for the offer but just purchased RJC Stock Billet Crank Pulley or I would have bought yours. Your fan looks good painted I now want to do mine. Btw I have alot of chrome under the hood, it's addicting I'm always wanting to chrome something else 🤷‍♂️

A lot of folks don't need the IC fan, it's only purpose is to move more air across the IC in a long uphill, boosted drive, like we have here in the mountains in AZ ,CO, etc.
In our mountainous conditions, we may be running uphill for many miles, and the fan lowers the IC temp and therefore engine air, minimizing knock.
On a dragstrip or short bursts on a street car, the IC acts only like a heat sink, it doesn't get a chance to heat up much, and will cool down to ambient before the next pass.
But, in mountainous conditions, we regularly run uphill for many miles, sometimes 25 or 30! So the fan moves air across the IC to lower its temp, making it more efficient for the duration of the uphill climb, and cooling it faster on the downhills before the next climb.
I added sides and top panels between the ends of the airdam and IC inlet to facilitate more flow. That helps us out here, but it is irrelevent to you "flatlanders!"
I am building my T Limited as a mountain car, but we also run CO2 spray on our ICs to chill it before dragstrip or "street events."
P.S. our temps can be between 100 and 115 degrees for more than THREE MONTHS in the summer!
TIMINATOR

A lot of folks don't need the IC fan, it's only purpose is to move more air across the IC in a long uphill, boosted drive, like we have here in the mountains in AZ ,CO, etc.
In our mountainous conditions, we may be running uphill for many miles, and the fan lowers the IC temp and therefore engine air, minimizing knock.
On a dragstrip or short bursts on a street car, the IC acts only like a heat sink, it doesn't get a chance to heat up much, and will cool down to ambient before the next pass.
But, in mountainous conditions, we regularly run uphill for many miles, sometimes 25 or 30! So the fan moves air across the IC to lower its temp, making it more efficient for the duration of the uphill climb, and cooling it faster on the downhills before the next climb.
I added sides and top panels between the ends of the airdam and IC inlet to facilitate more flow. That helps us out here, but it is irrelevent to you "flatlanders!"
I am building my T Limited as a mountain car, but we also run CO2 spray on our ICs to chill it before dragstrip or "street events."
P.S. our temps can be between 100 and 115 degrees for more than THREE MONTHS in the summer!
TIMINATOR
I know, It's just for looks, that's why I Chromed, and Painted it...I run a Precision Front Mount LOL
By the way, are you going to Bandimere Speedway Friday, Sept. 15th. The Camaro Club has a special track rental from 8:30 - 2:30, I'll be running my Buick, and possibly my GTO, if my 2nd driver shows up, or gotta find someone willing to go fast...LOL
20230902_192715.jpg