March 2001 isuue Grand News

JOHNDEEREGN

Staff member
I was reading some back issues of Grand News and ran across March 2001 where they Highlighted Kirbans buddy in North Carolina that had a bunch of GNs and a couple GNXs. That is wild, he had like 8 complete engines all kinds of OEM parts.

I would love to go look at that shop. Anybody know this guy? He was also the guy that designed the repro-GNX suspension. Has anyone bought one of those suspensions or do any of you guys know who this fella is?

Later
Ty

Bingo

His name is mentioned in the article as Richard.

No its not Joe.

You around Phoff do give us some enlightenment on this guys excellant collection?

The guy is Richard Clark. A retired big time audio/electrical engineer. Owns the undefeated IASCA (car audio) national championship winning GN.

Originally posted by 6APPEAL
The guy is Richard Clark. A retired big time audio/electrical engineer. Owns the undefeated IASCA (car audio) national championship winning GN.

i would love to see his stash of gn stuff and his iasca car. i sat in that thing once back in high school and it was bad azz!

Yes....Richard Clark......he owns EVERY tool GM has made to work on a GN..has his own Dyno...he knows more about GN's than anybody....the reproduction GNX suspension he made is top notch....it is EXACT....he spent 40k just on the blueprints.....he purchased the origional jig from ASC that is used to install the suspension...has a 5 mile GNX.....he has the most extensive and organized collection of parts and info on GN's that I have ever seen....no one else is even close.......great guy too.....

Pete

Originally posted by Phoff
Yes....Richard Clark......he owns EVERY tool GM has made to work on a GN..has his own Dyno...he knows more about GN's than anybody....the reproduction GNX suspension he made is top notch....it is EXACT....he spent 40k just on the blueprints.....he purchased the origional jig from ASC that is used to install the suspension...has a 5 mile GNX.....he has the most extensive and organized collection of parts and info on GN's that I have ever seen....no one else is even close.......great guy too.....

Pete

damn, thats just crazy! i wanna see his collection!

iasca car

I saw it in Bogart,GA at a invational stereo show. Right after he bought it. Scored very high on the meter. He took the $50k home too. The sound was a little "flat" for my taste but it was set up to score high with good response curve.

Re: iasca car

Originally posted by ITSAV6
I saw it in Bogart,GA at a invational stereo show. Right after he bought it. Scored very high on the meter. He took the $50k home too. The sound was a little "flat" for my taste but it was set up to score high with good response curve.

was that at the masters circa 89/90? if so, i was there as well and saw it. true, it was kinda flat, but thats what got the points back then.

bogart

Yep that was the masters invitational! My how things have changed. Heres a pic of a systen I recently completed.

Attachments

• optbeforevinyl.jpg
    optbeforevinyl.jpg
    67.2 KB · Views: 188
Re: bogart

Originally posted by ITSAV6
Yep that was the masters invitational! My how things have changed. Heres a pic of a systen I recently completed.

back then i had a 79 cutlass with 2 18 inch kickers and a orion 2350 amp running them. it was loud as hell, but sounded like poop!

now i got 1 10 inch jl in my honda with a 100 watt jl amp that sounds alot better!

I have some pics of his shop from when I was there a few years ago.

He still has the big poster check for the 25k he won at the Masters