MAP sensor vacuum line

we4Mateo

Double you eee what?
I'm switching to Razor's alky kit this year, and I know that the factory MAP sensor gets replaced. I was looking at it tonight when I was pulling out the old SMC setup when I noticed that the brown electrical connector was unlugged which I assume was for the factory boost gauge, but the vacuum line going to my MAP sensor is missing too. I have a GNX style dash with VDO gauges like the one that Kirban spoke of in a recent newsletter and I believe he sold too. It's GNX style but the gauges aren't recessed and it has a plastic cover over the gauges. I think it's made by Advanced Engineering something or other, but it was put in the car back in 1990 way before I owned the car. Question is, when I hook up the new 3 bar MAP sensor from Razor, where would be a good place to tap a vacuum line? I assume this vacuum line was elminated when the new dash was installed with a proper boost gauge. I can't find where a factory line was terminated anywhere near the MAP sensor. Anyone out there have one of these dashes with original instructions so I can see what may have happened during install? Or any good ideas on where to tap for the new sensor? TIA.

passenger side of the intake plenum , it gets connected to the end of the 1/4" steel line by the pcv line .

youll also need to go to the alky forum and read the section on 3bar map with digital dash because it also applies to gnx and gnx style dash as well ,
its also included in the instructions that come with your alky kit so be sure to read them and be sure to tesy the map sensor output before you boost the car

Thanks. I read the thread and think I understand. On another note, does one need a dual nozzle setup at any boost level with a TE44?

shouldnt need a second with razors kit until you're around 125mph in the 1/4

but if your pushing hard and see kr and you have enough fuel then you need to look at your octane and adding more alky can offset the need for more octane by additional cooling,
with a dutt and single alky i was able to push my te44 to 121

at that level looking at your inlet temps after the nozzle isnt a bad idea