manufactoring lisences question.

regal-nut

Anyone here have a manufactoring ammo lisences? I know that there are people here on this board that are gun owners, collectors,and reloaders. What dose it take to be able to obtain a lisences and to legally sell ammo to the gun stores? I know that this can be done but i need help to start out in this. I have been reloading for 12 years now. I dont want to get into any large scale opperation. I just want to do this for a few local gun stores that have indoor ranges. I have one gun store that i do reloads for a few of his costermers now. I want to do this in my own home and will the laws still alow me to do this?
Thanks for any help.

If you are not gonna make a business out selling ammo and are not doing so on regular basis for months at a time, then you wouldn't need a license. Otherwise you will.

Different states have different laws so you will have to check. You dont need a FFL tho as u would with selling guns for profit.

I do plan to do this as a monthly thing. i do know now that for them to buy and sell out of the store i have to have the lisence. i found out that its 30.00 to have the lisence. but do u think that i would have to carry an insurence being that i want to stay small?

Register as an LLC. As far as insurance I dont know. Insurance for what exactly?

Im assuming you are doing this for profit? If it's just you in the company, it is treated as a "disregarded entity" for tax purposes, and you report the LLC's income on ur own tax return on Schedule C.

Ins. would be for if someone was to try to seu me for there gun blowing up and for any medical. i check everything very closly but stuff can happen. The few people that i have reloaded for have had no complants and do like my reloads. But i want to put my ducks in a row first.

Thanks for the help!:cool: If you find out anymore let me know please. I do want to get this all going and hope to put the extra money into my 82 regal.

I would bet the liability ins will be the killer here.

About 20 years ago a friend had designed some super competition off road bicycles.
Even though there were high end competition bikes they had to be shipped with front, rear and side reflectors.

The killer was the owners manual - best price $1 million to have one written.

Over 80% of the price of a ladder is product liability insurance.

Gotta love govt regs, scumbag lawyers and stupid juries.

I would bet the liability ins will be the killer here.

About 20 years ago a friend had designed some super competition off road bicycles.
Even though there were high end competition bikes they had to be shipped with front, rear and side reflectors.

The killer was the owners manual - best price $1 million to have one written.

Over 80% of the price of a ladder is product liability insurance.

Gotta love govt regs, scumbag lawyers and stupid juries.

ya i dont think that it will look good. I do have a few call to some companies and wating for calls back.