maft gen II or maft pro ?

gczarny

fast is cool !
I want to upgrade my MAF + translator , just wonder guys ,what is you opinion about maft gen II and maft pro ? , is maft pro worth the extra money , is the speed density the best NEW WAY to run turbo buicks or is maft gen II / still using maf sensor / but adding extra wide fuel adjustment and WOT AFR tracking control enough ? I am running BB GT6776 with 60/65 LBS HIGH Z injectors and Razor ALKY and heaving problem to control the beast /AFR won't go under 12 no matter what I'v tried :confused: / pass 5000 rpm it leans out to 15 plus at 20 psi ,any ideas ?:confused:

Those are great tuning devices, and the speed density vs. MAF debate has raged on for years. However, your issue sounds like an actual problem somewhere.
Is fuel pressure increasing like it should with boost? Also, what is the airflow reading at full boost (AF on scanmaster)? Is it getting to 255?
Could your wideband reading be wrong (do you have knock)?

Regards,
Eric

I guess I should ask this question one more time , sorry ,my fault , .....I am sure I have the problem somwhere else but I still want to upgrade , not to fix this problem ,......just to upgrade ,the speed density sounds so simple to me yet ... is it the right way to go ? or should we stick with good MAF sensor /MAFT /never GEN II version before we spend $2k on FAST ?

Chipper

I have almost your same set up with a Gen II it works well and the wide band tracking and adjustment is cool. However, you have a serious problem elsewhere or a malfunctioning wideband. What are your 02 mv 15:1 ?
I would get Eric's chip and be done! I switch back and forth between the TT chip and the extender and find that Eric's tune was really close to dead nuts from the get go.