MAF Translator Gen-II

TurboBob

Resident mad scientist
Staff member
I recently took in a gently used Translator Gen-II, I have updated it, refurbished the harness, and am offering it for sale for 200.00 including a MAF adapter cable and a matching Extender Extreme G chip set up for your combination.

This is a great deal for someone wanting a fully tunable translator system that has wideband tracking.

Post here or PM me,

Thanks guys

Bob Bailey

Wow! Someone is going to get a steal of a deal on this setup.

If only i needed it i wouldn't think twice before buying it.

I have a bad translator in my 87..I recently purchased a stk maf and will be running it for a bit till I change the setup..My question is I still have the older lt1 style maf on my car this should work correct?I'm interested in knowing more about this..please pm me,thanks..

Sorry guys, the unit is sold.

But to answer your question with a question, what happened to the translator? they don't really fail on their own...

But yes, an LT1 MAF will work with the Gen-2.

Bob

I guess it has failed..when tapped the motor idles down and almost stalls..Engine light on and it runs really bad.Runs like a maf problem super rich,ect...found receipt from 04 when bought..I'd like to get it rebuilt or looked at before I dump the money to buy a new.I did buy a stock maf that im putting this weekend,I'll update my thread and this one when I have more news..

when you tap the translator, or the MAF?

the translator is likely fixable, unless it got filled with water and is all corroded inside.

send me a PM and we can discuss options.

Bob

FYI, you guys are less than 40 miles away from each other. Translator+MAF is a lot better than the stock maf.

So got the GN running and it was the MAF!I unplugged the translator and took off the lt1 MAF.Put on the stock ac delco and plugged in the factory harness plug and BOOM..Fired right up and I test drove it..Everything worked perfectly.The CEL was still on so I'm going to reset the ECM and pull codes again..It could be something else wrong with it now...But the car runs beautifully!!Thanks everyone for help!Bob if you think you can look at my Translator and rebuild it,Im interested..Id like to reuse the system later on...Or if you know anybody that can test it and fix it that would also be great!

So got the GN running and it was the MAF!I unplugged the translator and took off the lt1 MAF.Put on the stock ac delco and plugged in the factory harness plug and BOOM..Fired right up and I test drove it..Everything worked perfectly.The CEL was still on so I'm going to reset the ECM and pull codes again..It could be something else wrong with it now...But the car runs beautifully!!Thanks everyone for help!Bob if you think you can look at my Translator and rebuild it,Im interested..Id like to reuse the system later on...Or if you know anybody that can test it and fix it that would also be great!
Are you sure the LT1 MAF wasn't at fault? I recently had one fail and it was less than 6 months old. I'm not so sure the "tap" test is too accurate.

It could be,i don't have another way to test the lt1 maf..lightly tapping the translator stalled the engine twice..If there is a better way to test them I'm all ears..