Gen II MAF Translator w/E85 - with TurboTweak Chip

I'll quit guessing when you quit not buying me a powerlogger. ;) No, I hear ya...but not that Nick is God, but do you know who Nick Micale is? He's a well respected member/veteran of the TR community. He's the one who built my motor. I *believe* his associate Dennis did some tuning on my car before he released it to me (though I actually suspect he didn't do much...long story). But I'm going to stop talking. Because the more I talk, the more I think you're right. Plus, the bottom line, is that just by the way it feels - while yes, I'm guessing (I know you hate that word), I'm betting I AM out of injectors. Well...I'm just going to have to wait...for the funds. That said, I'm self employed - selling hot tubs: I'll offer anyone on the board a *free cover lifter* with any spa purchase: www.StellarSpas.com

Emailed Mike at Full Throttle and he said that the 60#er's "for sure" too small. So I just ordered a fresh set of Siemens Deka 80# injectors off of Ebay. While I'd prefer to get an Extreme G/Extender Pro chip and be able to tune via the Gen II, that's a more expensive chip and I think it'll be less to have Eric just update my TT chip. I'm waiting to hear back from him on the price. Plus, it sure is easy to adjust fuel and timing via the pedal and Scanmaster. While I can't afford the injectors at the moment...I did it anyway - it's got to be done. They were only $258 (free shipping) on Ebay.

Emailed Mike at Full Throttle and he said that the 60#er's "for sure" too small. So I just ordered a fresh set of Siemens Deka 80# injectors off of Ebay. While I'd prefer to get an Extreme G/Extender Pro chip and be able to tune via the Gen II, that's a more expensive chip and I think it'll be less to have Eric just update my TT chip. I'm waiting to hear back from him on the price. Plus, it sure is easy to adjust fuel and timing via the pedal and Scanmaster. While I can't afford the injectors at the moment...I did it anyway - it's got to be done. They were only $258 (free shipping) on Ebay.
Wish i would have known .. I could have included you in a group buy on the 80's for $250 shipped

Wish i would have known .. I could have included you in a group buy on the 80's for $250 shipped

Oh well...the $8 saved would've been nice. Next time I'm thinking of making a significant purchase, I might touch base with you first.

Just FYI, you won't be able to add any more fuel using the adjustable parameters with that chip, as it was programmed for 100% injector duty cycle at WOT, since the injectors were small for the combo.

Eric - I just sent you an email. I'm ready to order an updated chip for the 80# injectors. Nick *may* be having a challenge recalling which cam was installed. I thought he originally told me it would be a 206/206, but it's possible it's a 212/212. I thought he originally told me it would be the 206/206, but I'd like to be sure. Do you save the chip info on your computer, or can you tell by looking at the chip info on the label? If so, see the attached pic. If it's faster to just update the file to 80#er's, maybe that'll save time vs. inputting everything again on your website? Nick will probably figure out which cam I have eventually, but he's a busy man. If you can tell me what cam he told you it had originally, and you need me to order it through the website, please let me know the cam specs. Thanks...

Attachments

• TT Chip.jpg
    TT Chip.jpg
    940 KB · Views: 111
Got it - 206/206 flat tappet cam (Eric looked up the info from the 1st chip). So boom...new chip has been ordered!

Nick still isn't convinced that it's the injectors, which I respect. He's saying that other things need to be checked first. I'm buying the 80's regardless and very happy about it. The concensus is that 60#ers are too small, so it's an upgrade I want regardless of whether it's responsible for my immediate issue. Anyway, Nick's point is well taken. And I'll be picking up my fuel pressure gauge from O'Reilly's this afternoon. Nick was also wanting to know what the Scanmaster's voltage reading was. Did a couple runs on different days. At the start, saw right around 13.9 volts on the SM. By the time it hit 2nd and thru 3rd at WOT, volts dropped to 13.1 and 12.6.