MAF trans problem

I am 99% certain my issue is straightened out. I will drive the car like hell when I get home today.

I believe the instructions for the MAF Translator specifically say that the adapter pigtails are not keyed so they can be inserted either way. I don't need the adapter.

Phil, I got my TT chip yesterday :)

CHECK THE DIPS HOMEY'S!!

Ive got a cut out also. My connections are and were always correct and the dip switches are in the correct position. Ive got a 4" pipe with Z06 MAFS and a TT chip. I tried moving the switches to the opposite settings and the car wouldnt run right hitting 255gpm at minimal throttle openings. Ill call Mike tomorrow morning unless i see a solution before then.

I have the same issue - just replaced the stock maf with the translator and a 3.5" maf. Now the car will not run over 1/4 throttle - much less build any boost. Tried reversing the dip switches and it is much worse. The connectors look right as they will only lock one way. I also have a TT chip. Guess I'll post over at Fullthrottle and see if they have some idea.

I have the same issue - just replaced the stock maf with the translator and a 3.5" maf. Now the car will not run over 1/4 throttle - much less build any boost. Tried reversing the dip switches and it is much worse. The connectors look right as they will only lock one way. I also have a TT chip. Guess I'll post over at Fullthrottle and see if they have some idea.

I talked to Mike he will have a solution by next week. It has something to do with the transaltor and tt chip when run together.

I talked to Mike he will have a solution by next week. It has something to do with the transaltor and tt chip when run together.

this is news to me.. i have 3 TR's with translators and TT chips, with two running 3.5 maf and one running Z06 MAF with no issues at all

this is news to me.. i have 3 TR's with translators and TT chips, with two running 3.5 maf and one running Z06 MAF with no issues at all

It may only be certain tt chips then. It cuts out around 120 gps. I have the latest translator also and that may change things too.

TT Chip

Have notacarlo's old translator/3.5 maf that he was kind enough to sell to me when he went TPro/Mafless. Running a TT chip with it and car never run better. Hope you get things ironed out Dan.

well 2 of the TR's i have the latest TT chip and latest translators...

I called Dan last night and he said with his new TT chip the car flat out flys !!;)

I went 10.30's with the stock MAF w/ no screens and the right chip from Eric Marshall including a damn 3'' KB inlet Pipe. You don't need all that fancy BS seriously! :cool:

I went 10.30's with the stock MAF w/ no screens and the right chip from Eric Marshall including a damn 3'' KB inlet Pipe. You don't need all that fancy BS seriously! :cool:

try finding a good stock maf these days....

Well it's a stock replacement that plugs in parallel not vertically like the OEM. I have the Turbo tweak Chip and that sets it's own parameters at WOT. just my .2
what brand is it?? can i see a pic of this??

PS.. nice times on your setup... impressive

I worry that attention is being paid to the TT chips and the translator. Mine is not working with Full Throttle's Extender Extreme Chip. I went back to a stock MAF and the TT chip.....I am temporarily satisfied. My translator goes back to mike on Monday.

what brand is it?? can i see a pic of this??

PS.. nice times on your setup... impressive

Sure not a problem. I've got the motor out right now getting ready for the West Coast Nats. So when I'm at the shop Mon. I'll take some pic's ;)

Thanks for the complement on the times. :smile: I don't have a boost controller yet so it's really tough launching the car. Spins very easy.

Thanks bison - happy to hear the problem is being addressed. I'll call Mike on Monday and let him know I am having the same issue.

I worry that attention is being paid to the TT chips and the translator. Mine is not working with Full Throttle's Extender Extreme Chip. I went back to a stock MAF and the TT chip.....I am temporarily satisfied. My translator goes back to mike on Monday.

Maybe the problem is not with the TT chip interface - could be a bad batch of translators.

I went 10.30's with the stock MAF w/ no screens and the right chip from Eric Marshall including a damn 3'' KB inlet Pipe. You don't need all that fancy BS seriously!

It isn't about wanting fancy stuff, it is about getting a setup that is reliable and maintainable. When the stock MAF goes south, the options are limited. Either try to find a good "rebuilt" which from all reports is hit or miss at best, or replace it with something that is newer and more reliable. Until this recent glitch, that was the translator and LS/LT MAF and the cost difference between those two options is not huge.

We are lucky to have people who go out there to design and manufacture products like the translator. They will get it fixed, but it would be nice to have my car running again. Summers are not real long up here.

Ive made big power on the stock MAFS with 1 screen in the past. I noticed the air inlet hose moved like an accordian on the dyno when the rwhp gets over 475. There is a serious restriction there. Removing the restriction will increase the compressor efficiency a few % which equals more hp. Spool up will be better with the free flowing pipe. Running an un-screened stock MAFS causes idle problems unless run open loop and overly rich. The stock MAFS with one screen has been 133mph according to Eric.

Not really a very fair statement. Tell us about how much motor you have to run those numbers. I'll bet it's a lot more than many of us!
There's been extensive testing done and I for one, know for sure you can go quicker and faster by cleaning up your intake tract, even pre turbo.
10.30's are impressive to say the least, but you can and will go quicker and faster with a bigger maf, or even no maf at all.

Not really a very fair statement. Tell us about how much motor you have to run those numbers. I'll bet it's a lot more than many of us!
There's been extensive testing done and I for one, know for sure you can go quicker and faster by cleaning up your intake tract, even pre turbo.
10.30's are impressive to say the least, but you can and will go quicker and faster with a bigger maf, or even no maf at all.

Its fair in regards to the performance but the big pipe and ZO6 MAFs would make it even faster. The stock untouched heads have been 125mph but why would you want to torture the engine to get those numbers out of it when you dont have to?