MAF trans problem

Not really a very fair statement. Tell us about how much motor you have to run those numbers. I'll bet it's a lot more than many of us!
There's been extensive testing done and I for one, know for sure you can go quicker and faster by cleaning up your intake tract, even pre turbo.
10.30's are impressive to say the least, but you can and will go quicker and faster with a bigger maf, or even no maf at all.

I have a stock stroke 20 over girdled 109. Cat Crank, stock length Scat Rods, JE's, ported stock Irons Nothing special 72's and a pte 70-GTQ best 10.12 @ 134mph 60ft with Eric's chip and no screens in the stock MAF. The car idles and runs great very drivable and not at all rich at idle Bison. ;) You have to tell Eric you don't want to run screen then he'll program the chip for it.
Yes your right the larger MAF will help but if your in the 12's mid 11's there really no point run the stock it works fine.

I believe in the MAF Translator. Full Throttle does a good job with their stuff. I am in no way put-off by my situation. I want to help figure out what is going on so I can get my translator and 3.5" back in the car. I see and feel the gain from the product. Smoother idle, slightly quicker spool up and the tuning feature is a great preliminary tool.

On another note, TT chips friggin rock.

digging up an old thread...what was the resolution?

I know this thread is about 9 months old, but you guys were discussing very similar symptoms to what I'm dealing with currently. There was good information in many of the posts then the thread just died.

Did everyone find a solution to the Translator issue? If so, what was it? I read about trying to reverse the dip switches and also check all Translator harness connections to to make sure they are connected the right way. I haven't done either yet, but I will as soon as I have time.

My symptoms may be a little different....

My setup:
-3" LT1 MAF
-Translator Plus
-Extender chip
-relatively mild setup, TE44, MSD 50's, stock heads, mild cam.

The symptoms:
-when A/C fan or cooling fans cycle on or off, engine randomly and unpredictably goes into some kind of retarded ignition mode, almost like "launch" mode and car has no power. Engine will pop and misfire (even shoot flames out the tail pipes!) if you attempt to run the engine rpm up over about 2500.
-you can actually make the engine stumble, misfire and eventually go into this weird ignition retard mode by flipping the A/C fan switch from Medium to Hi repetedly.
-problem goes away *completely* if I bypass the spark control feature of the Translator with the pigtail that comes with the Translator.

Any ideas?

Thanks,
Rob

Car will not run at full throttle. I just changed the mass air pipe to a 4" pipe and the mass air senser along with the translator from Full Throttle. The problem is the car runs fine until i try to get into full throttle then the car pops and stalls. The dip switches are set at 123 are on and 4 is off. The dial is set at 9. The BLMs are 115 ish. The car ran fine until i changed the pipe mass air flow and IAC relocater.

Reduce fuel at idle in the translator and your blm's will go up to 128. At least mine did.

I been running the 4inch with built in sensor as well, no real issues but i got setting at 12% lean at idle and im still pulling fuel BL@122

put 3inch pipe with stock maf back on and walla...128 all day long

I been running the 4inch with built in sensor as well, no real issues but i got setting at 12% lean at idle and im still pulling fuel BL@122

put 3inch pipe with stock maf back on and walla...128 all day long

Did you then go back to the 4" pipe? When you got 128 with the 3" pipe, was the translator still set at 12% lean?

Did you then go back to the 4" pipe? When you got 128 with the 3" pipe, was the translator still set at 12% lean?

Rick,

yup, went back to the 4inch to double check my findings, reset ecm, trans set@12% lean and 20 mins later BL back to 122

I have the 4inch on right now only because I have a----UM a tornado installed and it does help with surge..but thats another thread:biggrin:

IM going to put my stock maf back on though and get car ready for long road trip

I know this thread is about 9 months old, but you guys were discussing very similar symptoms to what I'm dealing with currently. There was good information in many of the posts then the thread just died.

Did everyone find a solution to the Translator issue? If so, what was it? I read about trying to reverse the dip switches and also check all Translator harness connections to to make sure they are connected the right way. I haven't done either yet, but I will as soon as I have time.

My symptoms may be a little different....

My setup:
-3" LT1 MAF
-Translator Plus
-Extender chip
-relatively mild setup, TE44, MSD 50's, stock heads, mild cam.

The symptoms:
-when A/C fan or cooling fans cycle on or off, engine randomly and unpredictably goes into some kind of retarded ignition mode, almost like "launch" mode and car has no power. Engine will pop and misfire (even shoot flames out the tail pipes!) if you attempt to run the engine rpm up over about 2500.
-you can actually make the engine stumble, misfire and eventually go into this weird ignition retard mode by flipping the A/C fan switch from Medium to Hi repetedly.
-problem goes away *completely* if I bypass the spark control feature of the Translator with the pigtail that comes with the Translator.

Any ideas?

Thanks,
Rob

so nobody has any additional information on the Translator issue? :confused: