LVD 6/6/2014 10.236@132.27mph

bison

Staff member
TurboBuick.Com Supporter!
High mileage stock short block bearing insets and cam bearings replaced and clearance checked. Oil pump blueprinted. Factory rings. 8.3:1 CR Mileage unknown.
-champion aluminum heads ported by Russ Merritt, RJC steel head gaskets
-intake with extra port work
-3312/3312 110LS off the shelf cam
-1.65 rockers
-MFS 6265 3 bolt .85 a/r. This turbo was built with the same wheels I use when anyone orders an MFS 6265 from me. They are aftermarket wheels and there is no trickery there or special one off wheels. They are not Garrett or any other "name brand" wheels.
-precision front mount
-PAC alky from razor
-3" internal gate dp
-TH 2.5" dual exhaust
-9.5" PTC (yes Rob Zombie I know there's better out there)
-200 4-R by me. Same one that's been in the car for 5 years
-stock factory 4 link with GM installed control arm bushings.
-8.5 rear with cover, eaton LS, and 31 spline axles
-chrome moly ds with u-joints updated.
-race weight 3600+
7ase6uta.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

How much boost to get it done?

Posted from the TurboBuick.Com mobile app
Boost was 25-26psi in 1st/2nd and jumped to 28psi in 3rd for a couple frames at flash stall and settled to 27-27.5psi through 5400 before falling to 26psi as it hit the traps. Trap rpm was about 5600

Boost was 25-26psi in 1st/2nd and jumped to 28psi in 3rd for a couple frames at flash stall and settled to 27-27.5psi through 5400 before falling to 26psi as it hit the traps. Trap rpm was about 5600

29 inch tire??

How much boost did you build up when leaving the line?

Very nice with a 62mm!! What is the rear gear with that 29" tire? Think there is more in it with a steeper gear using that tire?

Very nice with a 62mm!! What is the rear gear with that 29" tire? Think there is more in it with a steeper gear using that tire?
3.42. There's definitely more e.t. In it with suspension work. The suspension in that car is untouched with stock control arms and bushings. Elevation actually dropped my boost almost 2psi from where I did my initial hits near sea level. On a fast east coast strip it could have gone 2-3mph faster. The a/ f was rich in 3rd. I don't feel that pulling more gear would help. I'd guess that those tires probably grew 2-3% more than the sidewall indicates also

Last edited:
How much boost did you build up when leaving the line?

5-6psi. It won't take anymore with the stock suspension and no electronic boost controller

Stock shortblock? That's what I am talking about! Not even killing it coming out the hole! What were you racing against, it looks like he treed you on reaction time but then something happened,............BOOOOST!! Nice! That car 60ft well also. You are probably making people mad ( questioning their combo) using words like "stock and untouched" tho, just kidding. R and D at work with results. I would take a wild guess that the 10.23 run would be a good goal of about 85% of the TR owners that race their cars here on the site.

Stock shortblock? That's what I am talking about! Not even killing it coming out the hole! What were you racing against, it looks like he treed you on reaction time but then something happened,............BOOOOST!! Nice! That car 60ft well also. You are probably making people mad ( questioning their combo) using words like "stock and untouched" tho, just kidding. R and D at work with results. I would take a wild guess that the 10.23 run would be a good goal of about 85% of the TR owners that race their cars here on the site.
The car in the right lane was a t- bucket. I just let him go first.