Lucas Oil Additive

8t7gn

Anyone running this in their engines? Pro's and con's. Any opinion is appreciated. Thanks.

Best EVER!!!!!!!! I love this stuff. It's thicker than regular oil which means it may cause a little drag on the engine, but I would rather know that my parts have plenty protecton instead.

Anyone running this in their engines? Pro's and con's. Any opinion is appreciated. Thanks.

The next time you see one of those "things" that compare oil to lucas spin the wheels very fast and the Lucas produces way more air bubbles.
Is that good or bad.:confused:

I did not want to be the one that brought that up, but now that it is out of the closet, here are my thoughts about this subject. Basically, though, FWIW & IMHO:
About 2 or 3 years ago there was a post / thread on one of the forums, probably this one, regarding the use of various oil additives & oil stabilizer in general. There was a short film clip with it, and the Lucas Oil Stabilizer did sort of drive the Lucas Oil Stabilizer away from the product that it was supposed to lubricate. I tried some in my Z06 when it had about 50K miles on it and I just did not fall in love with the product. I can't say that it did any good, and I can't say that it did any bad. I do not have the same faith in the Lucas Oil Stabilizer that I do in either GM EOS and / or Richard Clark's ZDDP Plus product. I am going to stick with Mobil1 & GM EOS until I run out of GM EOS, and then switch over to Richard Clark's ZDDP Plus and whatever oil that I decide to run. HTH.

Check out Bob the Oil Guy & his opinions on it! Interesting reading.

He's also a dealer for the competition so I take his theory's with a grain of salt.

We've been using Lucas for quite a few years now as assembly lube and I use a quart with every oil change. I usually put 200+ pass's along with street miles on my motor. Since my buddy owns a machine shop I usually freshen it every year. I only do one oil change a summer and every time we've taken the engine apart the bearings look good enough to reuse.

I'm not saying that the Lucas works but unless I have issues I'm going to keep using it.

The next time you see one of those "things" that compare oil to lucas spin the wheels very fast and the Lucas produces way more air bubbles.
Is that good or bad.:confused:

Is it Straight Lucas or mixed with oil too? I dont care i'll still use it anyways:)