LT1 Corvette question...............

victa1

My sister-in-law has a bone stock '95 Corvette 6 speed with under 11k on it.
It's a fun little car, can slowly walk away from my 928 from a roll. My butt says it's a low 14 second car.

Just wondering what would be involved to give it enough beans to trap 110 or so in the quarter.

I had a totally bone stock(original air filter) 93 6 spd that went 13.49@105.

I would guess your goal would be pretty easy with the normal bolt-ons...........like cold air intake,headers,hi-flow cat,and cat back.

Geoff

A mild cam wakes them up pretty good, if you want to spend a little more pick up the LT4 conversion kit. You'll trap 110 no problem after that. The D36 rear in that car won't hold up too long with more power and powershifting though.

" if you want to spend a little more pick up the LT4 conversion kit.........."

Would the LT4 conversion affect low speed torque a great deal? As it stands now, the LT1 pulls pretty cleanly from 1000rpm even in 6th gear. If I am correct, 6th is a 50% overdrive, so the stock engine has a real nice torque curve.

My brother's 97 SS camaro traps about 111 with a little 75 shot on it. It runs about 13.4 at 104 with a cold air intake and a couple other minor tweaks off the bottle. .

victa1 said:
Would the LT4 conversion affect low speed torque a great deal?

It shouldn't. Pretty sure the LT4 conversion package comes with a real mild cam, not the LT4 hotcam. Even if it comes with the hotcam, you wouldn't lose much low end torque.

I completely agree with what ghall said. Bolt on stuff, and have someone put a good program in the computer. :)