LS Swap in a GN Not a fan!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Guys,

Let's try and be respectful of people's projects.
Celebrate their victories not their defeats.

stroker ace that car looks killer im looking at some xxr wheels for my gn..

man are you guys going to be pissed when i post my build of my turbo lsx gn. although my car isnt as nice as his car is.

you guys need to relax and stop being so butthurt about what hes doing to his car. you guys dont own the market on TRs.

and btw ill put up and stock bottom end turbo ls vs stock bottom end 109. and well see what goes faster for longer. w/ and w/o meth.

You got a deal there. I have seen a lot of low 11 sec lsx's not last very long. Have seen a lot of 10 sec stock 109's last a lot longer. Grass ain't always greener on the other side.

It amazes me to see those of you that compare a stock gn setup to a Turbo ls1. I think some of you need to grow thicker skin. Its his car let him do what he wants. Some will like it some wont. Don't compare the build prices to reach 550hp using a Turbo v6 and a turbo ls1. Its an apples and oranges thing too. Two different markets for those engines. Come pare the Chevy and the Fords.

Saying "anyone can swap in a ls1 and a 6speed" is not a compliment BTW.

maybe was using a little know technique called sarcasm. frequent the board, it is actually used quite a bit.

Being young has nothing to do with it.... It's about respect. If you don't like it, cool that's fine, but to call me stupid or ignorant because of what I did to MY car is downright childish; and I'm willing to bet everyone who has is older than me.

Thank you for your input.

And I'm far from needing a muscle relaxer.

respect is earned, and you, my friend, aren't earning it by posting your attacks. maybe you don,t think you need a relaxer but some thicker skin might be in order. I will go along that most here are older and there for probably have more experience that you could benefit from.

Just keep on keeping on it is your car. you have to live with it. Not what I would have done but yours none the less.

Hey bro, i think your ride is bad azz. Don't sweat the opinions of others. If there's one thing i've learned in my life it's to not let my emotions be controlled by others. On that note, I often try to remember this:

"If you argue with one fool, it proves two". Do you, and don't let anyone else tell you different. Hope to meet up with you soon bro. Be safe and Anchors up!

Don't sweat the haters. I personally like the conversion. I bet it's a blast to drive. I can honestly say if I get another Regal of some sort, a turbo LS swap is definitely a consideration for it. Hell, who knows... I might just drop a Turbo LS7 into my current car for giggles. :D

You got a deal there. I have seen a lot of low 11 sec lsx's not last very long. Have seen a lot of 10 sec stock 109's last a lot longer. Grass ain't always greener on the other side.

i get what your saying

but fast86gn comments annoy me, as hes laughing at him becasue he popped his motor. or the oil pump failed.

maybe comparing lsx vs 109s is not really fair. stock bottom end or stock headed, since 109s are down in cubes and the heads dont flow,

i get what your saying

but fast86gn comments annoy me, as hes laughing at him becasue he popped his motor. or the oil pump failed.

maybe comparing lsx vs 109s is not really fair. stock bottom end or stock headed, since 109s are down in cubes and the heads dont flow,

There is guy here in town that has a 6.0 truck engine with a cam and ported heads. He says the bottom end is stock...not sure if I believe him or not but he runs consistent 10.9's w/o nitrous (or so he says...the car is plumbed for a 200 shot). Anyways he's at the track every Friday night running it. He can't keep a clutch in the Camaro but the 6.0 seems to hold up good.

Btw...op, I like the project. I hope to do something like that one day to a gbody cutlass.

the ony thing that should really matter here is that u like ur work. what others think.shouldnt mean **** to you man..ur ls swap is a bad ass.. and i bet any money that it will kill most of those talking **** any time any were;)...i couldnt get the power out of my GN..so i went the easy way and trade up for a 72 Nova with a 460 bbc...

OK, Here is my opinion
I like it. I don't think I would do it to mine but it's a 35,000 mile car and I think it should be kept half way original. But some people would hate me for what I've done to it to make it go 10's ( I haven't cut it up and I haven't done anything to it that can't be turned back to stock) but it's my car so FU:biggrin:.

2. A GN is 10x cooler than an 83 regal with bench seats, fake wood grain dash, fake chrome everything, etc.

3. you can buy a half way decent GN for 6-8 grand sell the v6 junk off for a couple grand and factor in that you don't need a rear end and it's a pretty cheap start.

and last If I did it I would have done a small block dart 416 ford motor carbed with nitrous:eek:

and last If I did it I would have done a small block dart 416 ford motor carbed with nitrous:eek:

ban.gif

3. you can buy a half way decent GN for 6-8 grand sell the v6 junk off for a couple grand and factor in that you don't need a rear end and it's a pretty cheap start.

You forgot to add after you paid 6-8 for that GN sold off the parts bought all your LS junk you now have a $2500 car. Sounds like a real deal.

The V6 is ok for a track motor to throw down an occasional number or 2 to WOW the crowd. How many of those are daily driven running low 9's high 8's on pump gas? NONE! LS FTW!!!!

I have a question for some of you here.. why is it "not fair" to compare the built 109 to a turbo lsx? i understand about the cubic inches and heads. However this sounds dumb to me....we all love when someone outruns a lsx powered camaro with our little engines after we have built, stroked, and bought better flowing heads. But, when somebody turbos an lsx powered car suddenly it isn't "fair" Its apples to oranges when you are getting your ass handed to you. i have a good V6 powered GN but am not going to cry about getting outrun by any thing. I have had an idea to do a fox bodied lsx turbo, however now i'm thinking about dropping a turbocharged lsx in my Buick. Come here and bust up on the V6 die-hards. Just silly in my opinion!

I have a question for some of you here.. why is it "not fair" to compare the built 109 to a turbo lsx? i understand about the cubic inches and heads. However this sounds dumb to me....we all love when someone outruns a lsx powered camaro with our little engines after we have built, stroked, and bought better flowing heads. But, when somebody turbos an lsx powered car suddenly it isn't "fair" Its apples to oranges when you are getting your ass handed to you. i have a good V6 powered GN but am not going to cry about getting outrun by any thing. I have had an idea to do a fox bodied lsx turbo, however now i'm thinking about dropping a turbocharged lsx in my Buick. Come here and bust up on the V6 die-hards. Just silly in my opinion!

People consider V8's as high performance cars. Then here comes a factory turbo V6 that is outrunning Vettes and 5.0's. It was "fair" for a V6 to have a power adder to compete. The V6 has 2 less cylinders and less cubic inches. Now everyone has caught on about turbocharging and its added to every kind of engine today, yet still no factory turbo V8. I guess it still goes back to what the factory has put out to define a musclecar. Hell, the street today is pretty much Outlaw status now. :tongue:

Anybody see the Hot Rod article where they tried to blow up a worn out 5.3l LS engine with twin turbo's? Thing made 1200hp! Over 60 hard pulls! Turned out to be a 4.8l.
:eek:
Ridonkulous!

Stock GM LS Engine - Big Bang Theory - Hot Rod Magazine

I know Rob, its just silly. i understand the cool factor of doing it with a small engine, however its all the same. Buick had a huge hand in starting what is now turbo everything! imo. Just don't think people should make excuses for not having a V8 or saying its "unfair" I used to be that way and a friend said to me one night after dropping a 9.40 on me at the track after I said Yeah but I only have a V6. While he responded with "nobody made you show up with only a V6" He was correct! I say quit making excuses, ifi it has more power, guess what.... either step up or step out. That's what I think buddy. Read that H/R article. Crazy bad. Amazing what those ls engines can handle! just think its only slightly larger than a 4.1 V6. LOL.

People consider V8's as high performance cars. Then here comes a factory turbo V6 that is outrunning Vettes and 5.0's. It was "fair" for a V6 to have a power adder to compete. The V6 has 2 less cylinders and less cubic inches. Now everyone has caught on about turbocharging and its added to every kind of engine today, yet still no factory turbo V8. I guess it still goes back to what the factory has put out to define a musclecar. Hell, the street today is pretty much Outlaw status now. :tongue:

Anybody see the Hot Rod article where they tried to blow up a worn out 5.3l LS engine with twin turbo's? Thing made 1200hp! Over 60 hard pulls! Turned out to be a 4.8l.
:eek:
Ridonkulous!

Stock GM LS Engine - Big Bang Theory - Hot Rod Magazine

Damn your car looks good!

Peter

I know Rob, its just silly. i understand the cool factor of doing it with a small engine, however its all the same. Buick had a huge hand in starting what is now turbo everything! imo. Just don't think people should make excuses for not having a V8 or saying its "unfair" I used to be that way and a friend said to me one night after dropping a 9.40 on me at the track after I said Yeah but I only have a V6. While he responded with "nobody made you show up with only a V6" He was correct! I say quit making excuses, ifi it has more power, guess what.... either step up or step out. That's what I think buddy. Read that H/R article. Crazy bad. Amazing what those ls engines can handle! just think its only slightly larger than a 4.1 V6. LOL.

Yeah bro, I agree with you and I'm cool with the LS in the GN. I love custom stuff, but there ain't nothing better than stompin azz with a V6. Noone can take that from us. :cool:

Status
Not open for further replies.