LQ9 Install

If you go back and look at post #9, you'll see the little mark on the firewall the passenger side valve cover on the little V6 was actually rubbing so I guess its about the same position as before.

Right now I'm buisy with 2 cars but I can give you the parts list to order you own materials.

McMaster-Carr

8305T13
Alloy 4130 Steel Precision Shim Bushing Stock 2" OD, 1-1/2" ID, 6" Length
In stock at $64.10 Each

4459T62
4130 Alloy Steel Sheet .250" Thick, 6" X 36"
In stock at $50.53 Each

energysuspension.com | Welcome

ALL NON-SPEC VEHICLE ALL
Universal Link Bushings; Black; Flange Type; 1.5 in. OD Bush; .5 in. ID Sleeve;
Part #: 9.9483G

If you still need it in about a month I can make you a set, I'm just busy right now.

Moly materials..Why? At those prices, the cost per unit would be astronomical...

Wow looks like this project is really coming along. What kind of engine control module or computer are you going to use?

Fast ECU with all the onboard memory for data logging wide band, traction control, FAST ignition module, soon to come FAST digital dash to replace the old dash and indicator lights, and an onboard computer with ~7" touchscreen in the a/c radio spot with wireless keyboard and mouse integrated into one, and a alpine amp running some Polk audio's in the doors with the sound coming form the onboard computer audio so I can watch videos in the staging lanes.

IMG_0030.jpg

IMG_0031.jpg

IMG_0032.jpg

IMG_0033.jpg

IMG_0034.jpg

Terry. Sorry if I missed it. What rear gearing are you running and what are you doing for a converter?

So, is it kind of a pain to get these v8's into these cars? You cant buy motor mounts from someone that already produces these? What about wirng, and everything. Does it all hook up just like the 6 cylinder does, or do you have to do a lot of replumbing of lines and what not?

Also, these engines can really handle that much power stock? Does it take much work to get these engines over the 1000 mark?

To do it right and make it look decent it requires quite a bit of time. I like most every thing about the LS1 foundation motors and parts are plentifull. If you got time and money and/or the ability I say go for it.

Nice build! I'm thinking of ls swapping my Ty just wondering my you went with a lq9 with stock cr of 10.1:1 over the lq4 with stock cr of 9.4:1. it would be a little more boost friendly.

It's just temporary untill I get my other shortblock built and this one tuned.
I would rather get this one tuned before I put a fresh one in. Athough I am going to push this motor to see what it will do. I want to find its pump gas limit and then I'll do some race gas. I have a couple of these motors but I also have an iron headed lq4 in my daily driver truck with high miles. That will be the motor I build to put back in the car so I can drop one of these fresher motors in my daily driver.
I think it will work out good having the same motor in the tow vehicle and the race car. If I''m at the track and have a coilpack go out or something like that I have parts on hand...