LQ4 turbo or lc2

VMineo

Hey,I need some advice.I just brought a roller GN on the form.Im on the fence between stroking the lc2 or going with a forged lq4 twin turbo.I have both engines already and I have two gtk-1000 turbonetic turbos.Im not concerned with which one is cheaper,I care more about which is more reliable .Any advice would be helpful.Thanks

I say Lc2, cars already set up for it and wont require alot of work when it comes to motor mounts.

no motor mount work they make kits.if you have the harness that came with the lq4engine you can just send it out and they eliminate what you don't need and repin it to fit your car so all you have to do is plug it in and start it.i also have been looking into this with a 85 gn roller that i have.

i have a buddy who put a ls2 gto engine in his 80 malibu and he gave me tons of advice on doing this.not really that hard beyond the turbo plumbing.a lot of guys are taking the truck manifolds cut the collectors off and welding on v bands swapping them from side to side running the crossover in the front of engine and putting the turbo flange on the crossover.build a downpipe and intercooler and plumbing and your done.

You want 11 sec or slower potential and decent gas mileage..... LC2.

You want anything in the 10's or quicker..... LQ4 turbo.....

I "think" you could make close to 800 HP on fairly stock LS parts with a well thought out combo.....and the right turbo and plumbing.

800 HP on a LC2... eh... not so easy...

Correcto!

You want 11 sec or slower potential and decent gas mileage..... LC2.

You want anything in the 10's or quicker..... LQ4 turbo.....

I "think" you could make close to 800 HP on fairly stock LS parts with a well thought out combo.....and the right turbo and plumbing.

800 HP on a LC2... eh... not so easy...

@800, the MTBF on the LQ will likely be much longer than the LC....:D

The motor mounts aren't the issue.The car has No ac/heater box so I would put the engine back as far as I can.The electronics is what I do all day so im not worried about that.I would be looking at 800+hp so I would do a stroker kit and forged internals.Im doing an lq4 swap in a E39 right now so it got me thinking.Im going to start getting all the parts I need for the swap.Im most likely going to sell the gtk-1000's I have and go single turbo.I'm going with the 4l80E.I'm getting the external fuel pump kit from magnafuel.Im looking at a couple of months between getting parts and building the engine/transmission.Heres the Gn i brought on the form
http://www.turbobuick.com/forums/cars-sale/325668-1987-buick-grand-natinal-roller.html
I should have it by tuesday hopefully.It seems like a good candidate to me with the ford 9'' and cage but most important No rust.While Im getting parts and building the LQ4 im putting in my lc2/200r4.I should have it running with the 3.8 in a couple of days.With school and work Ill probably do the lq4 swap spring break.