lower oil psi

How did you fix? Replace the PCV? If so, which one did you use?

Posted from the TurboBuick.Com mobile app

Removed it all together. Temporarily "jimmy-rigged" a filter via a hose to the pcv (it is still in the engine) and plugged the hole on the vacuum block for the pcv. So no more boost going through the pcv.

we all go through it. tend to overthink these cars at times. I'm one that's guilty of that at times, especially the whole pcv thing. I've just finally come to the realization all my smoke is coming from the heads. Either the valve seals or the guides themselves. Just gotta remember these are 25 yr old cars and small things tend to wear over years, even pcv valves. Just think how many times that original pcv check valve has bounced back and forth and how much wear it has!

Granted the amount of times the pcv has to move to do its job, but I just got it replaced when the car as at Jim Dunn's place with a genuine ac delco. I checked my other pcv valves and the same thing, they leak.

The fumes though, are burning my eyes after long rides. Going to have to install a catch can though. Honestly, I can't smell a thing, so I'm confused as to why my eyes were burning after about 15 minutes of driving, windows 1/3 open.

exhaust leaks?

Very possible. My downpipe was not full welded to the tested pipe. (Don't ask why it was being welded in the first place) Uhm, but I do have a clamp there. Also the crossover needs to be fixed a bit with welds and gaskets for the joints on either end to the ds and ps headers. Now that I have this leak under control, I can focus on the other little tid bits before carlisle. Then potentially tuning.

After battling PCV valves for a while, I ordered a 3/8" version of one of these:

http://www.usplastic.com/catalog/item.aspx?itemid=36843&catid=489

The tech people at US Plastics told me that the Kynar version would be better for this application, so I ordered it.

I put it inline with the PCV and oriented it so that it would block boost but allow vacuum to reach the PCV. This way the PCV still works, and it doesn't matter if it leaks, since it will never see boost.

Not sure how long these will last in that environment, but they are only a couple of bucks a piece. I think I bought five so I would have spares. I also ordered other sizes to replace the 25 year old check valves on the vacuum lines running to the EGR and charcoal canister.

Maybe this will work for you?

After battling PCV valves for a while, I ordered a 3/8" version of one of these:

http://www.usplastic.com/catalog/item.aspx?itemid=36843&catid=489

The tech people at US Plastics told me that the Kynar version would be better for this application, so I ordered it.

I put it inline with the PCV and oriented it so that it would block boost but allow vacuum to reach the PCV. This way the PCV still works, and it doesn't matter if it leaks, since it will never see boost.

Not sure how long these will last in that environment, but they are only a couple of bucks a piece. I think I bought five so I would have spares. I also ordered other sizes to replace the 25 year old check valves on the vacuum lines running to the EGR and charcoal canister.

Maybe this will work for you?

These might just very well do the job. I'm going to order a few! Thank you for that!!!