Low Fuel light stays on!!!!!!

Rice Killa

Got Rice???
ok so first i had the bouncing gas gauge problem so i dropped the tank and cleaned the sending unit real good. put everything back together and the gauge still bounced some but was more accurate, but the low fuel light would flash. now it bounces only when hitting bumps and is pretty damn accurate but the low fuel light stays on 24/7 even with the car off. i'm guessing the low fuel light would be my open circuit i've been looking for, which is causing my gas gauge to bounce. anyone ever had this prob before i tear into it one more time?

ok i read another post about the alky being low. whats the best i can buy from like lowes or home depot to put in it. the original owner was suppose to give me what he had left but forgot, so this is my first time to buy.

i see in sig you have alky injection
do you have razor alky kit ?
if so the kit makes use of the low fuel light and the sender is in the coolant overflow bucket under the hood and has nothing to do with your fuel tank

also note gn didnt come with a low fuel light module , those were only used on the riveiera but do fir our dash cluster and some people do install them on Gns

looks like you might have found the answer while i was typing

home depot carries denatured alcohol

if you have a razor kit you can run denatured, denatured and water , or methanol ,
straight methanol so far has proven the best bang for buck
check the alky forum sticky at top of forum for sources for methanol

Every kit has its own type of alcohol used.

There should be decals somewhere on the pump, tank, controller, etc.. that say whose it is.

Any paint store has Methly Hydrate that is about $5 a gallon. That will last a long time unless your constantly racing.

filled it up with denatured alky for now and the light went off..... one problem down...yesss. now i just gotta fix my bouncing gas gauge

Hey Rice Killa...

Find some TB gurus in your area. I assure that you will find sources for the meth. Yes it is methanol alcohol, but it is like a drug, LOL... Man oh man is it addicting, to be able to run the boost levels on pump gas.

It will just bust all of your buddies bubbles when they realize what you can do in a "street" car.

I know there has to be several local TB people in Fayetteville. Post a starter thread asking for who lives in your area to get together with them and chat some.

Mike

Hey Ricekilla....I used to live in Fayetteville NC, it's a small world...

But as mentioned, methanol is cheaper than denatured, though denatured works, just about $15 a can.

But have you checked around to see where you can buy methanol? I used to race at Fayetteville's track when I had my Chevelle and my S-10 (before my TR) I heard someone say they sold race fuel there though I never bought any. But if they do, they might also sell methanol. And if they don't sell it, surely Rockingham track has it. The Rock's about an hour south of you. Just bring you a few 5 gallon containers and fill up.

Here's a place about 20 miles north of you that claims to carry it...they're located in Sanford...Racing Fuel - Renegade Racing Fuels & Lubricants - Hunter Oil & Propane - NC