Lost nut Cant find a replacement

Beecha91

Hey guys,

Like a month ago when I decided to pull the turbo off. When my buddy who was helping broke one of the nuts from the header studs loose, he lost it into the engine bay somewhere. We looked and looked, and could never find it again. Ive been running just two out of the three nuts on the studs. Have had no problems thus far, but still would like that last nuts on that stud. Any idea's where to find one, I went to the parts stores and home improvement shops with no luck. Found some close look a likes but wouldnt thread more than a turn or so. Any help would be awesome. Thanx

Don-

Did you get standard? I think they are metric. You probably won't find them with the built in washer, just get a separate washer.

I found a couple with the same size hole, but smaller nut in size compared to a stock one. Didnt have a built in washer either. Just the threads wouldnt thread more than a few turns.

Phone John Craig at Limit Engineering. He can supply new nuts, and studs for that matter, if you need 'em.

The nuts are torque prevailing - they're squished so the holes are oval shaped. They won't thread on by hand more than a turn - after that you need a tool. It's meant to keep them from falling off without having to use lock washers or some other means...

Make sure they are metric. I bought mine at Lowe's. I think they are 10x1.5mm. I am not sure though. They have those neeto thread size gauge thingys there.

I say this because if you bought standard thread nuts, it will (or should) only thread on a few turns.