Los Angeles Invasion IV May 28-30

Good seeing some of you guy's again! Well,not much to report on my car,darn thing was a dog all day long. Turbo lag off the line was an issue on every run I got in. Did however towards the end of the day manage to trap 98mph in the eighth then it just fell on it's face. I'll figure it out eventually. Guess Barona is calling me....lol

Very nice & congrats!

Curious what changes you did to run faster than last time out? More boost, better tune,timing changed, etc.

Thanks

Last time out with the TA-61, we couldn't get the boost to go past 22lbs due to exhaust leaks. All we could do is throw more timing at it, which isn't going to get you much with 91 oct gas. The thing still went 11:60s (as I remember:confused:).

Since then, he went to a bigger 6265 dbl bb turbo, fixed the exhaust leaks and was able to sneak up on a pretty good tune at the track and the day before, while testing at my house. Even at 122 mph, there was still more left in the tune, but we needed more time, that we didn't have.

He's only .14 away from being in the "Ten second club", with all the cool people:cool:. They say that removing 100 lbs is worth about a tenth. If he goes to some shiny aluminum wheels, this will save him 50 lbs. Then, all he needs to do is remove the purple window tint and wash the dirt off, and he's got it more than covered.;):D

Mike B.

Nice pass Tim! Congrats on the new best ET and MPH. Glad to see 25 year old Buicks still giving hell to the latest heavy hitting performance cars out there. I have to think you created a lasting impression on the guy with the GT 500. He'll probably have to sell it and buy something else. :biggrin: Did anyone have a chance to cross paths with Gary's CTSV boys?

Neal

I saw one CTS-V with a cage in it. Didn't get to see his ET's but thought I heard the announcer say 11.1 on one of his runs.

didn't see any cad's out there,
lots of FAST hondas!

There was at least one....where you there????
Didn't see you.
Saw Jeff, Ray, Lee and Raymond...even saw Luis (EVIL87) there in a Z06.

Good seeing some of you guy's again! Well,not much to report on my car,darn thing was a dog all day long. Turbo lag off the line was an issue on every run I got in. Did however towards the end of the day manage to trap 98mph in the eighth then it just fell on it's face. I'll figure it out eventually. Guess Barona is calling me....lol

My wife couldn't figure out which GN was mine, so she captured a few pix and a vid or two of yours making passes. Let me know if you want me to e-mail them to you and I'll get them to you once I get back form Europe.
No offense...but..I told her mine was the faster one...;)

Any quiet non gutted fast Hondas there? ;)

Nope...there was abunch of really annoying ones there....I didn't see their passes but a few of them actually sounded like they were getting down the track pretty good.

Last time out with the TA-61, we couldn't get the boost to go past 22lbs due to exhaust leaks. All we could do is throw more timing at it, which isn't going to get you much with 91 oct gas. The thing still went 11:60s (as I remember:confused:).

Since then, he went to a bigger 6265 dbl bb turbo, fixed the exhaust leaks and was able to sneak up on a pretty good tune at the track and the day before, while testing at my house. Even at 122 mph, there was still more left in the tune, but we needed more time, that we didn't have.

He's only .14 away from being in the "Ten second club", with all the cool people:cool:. They say that removing 100 lbs is worth about a tenth. If he goes to some shiny aluminum wheels, this will save him 50 lbs. Then, all he needs to do is remove the purple window tint and wash the dirt off, and he's got it more than covered.;):D

Mike B.

Yup...maybe next time out we'll tickle a 10 out of it.;)

Did you just call me fat?:confused:

:biggrin:

Meanchicken, ur only faster for a while. It's only a matter of time before I catch you laying an egg. :D

Come to find out I was using Autolite 23 spark plugs instead of the CR42TS ones I normally use. The 23's supposedly burn hotter than the CR42TS's. I believe this to be the problem and will be trying the NGK UR5 I just picked up. I've read they are very good, if they don't work, back to the CR42's.

Stay safe, see you around sometime.

Meanchicken, ur only faster for a while. It's only a matter of time before I catch you laying an egg. :D

Come to find out I was using Autolite 23 spark plugs instead of the CR42TS ones I normally use. The 23's supposedly burn hotter than the CR42TS's. I believe this to be the problem and will be trying the NGK UR5 I just picked up. I've read they are very good, if they don't work, back to the CR42's.

Stay safe, see you around sometime.

AC Delco R43TS....won't leave home without them...:biggrin:

Got this update a couple days ago...some nice changes planned for next year...
I like number 2....should reduce the number of track fouls on Sunday...

Los Angeles Invasion 4 Recap

Thank you to everyone who participated in the 4th annual LA Invasion. The event grew this year like we could not have expected in both a good and bad way. There were several unforeseen issues that arose and will be corrected for next year's event I assure you. Our plan is to continue to make improvements.
The biggest changes you will see
1. Spectator parking - spectators will not be allowed to park in the pit area next year, solving several issues.
2. Imports - Will run on the Saturday as their own event, Sunday and Monday will remain Muscle Cars Only!
3. Addition of an Autocross

A Video compelation is still in the works from this years event and should be ready shortly. Stay Tuned