Looking for part, what do I call it/where do I find it?

87we4turbo

While installing a PTE SLIC, I found that I have a Adjustable Oil Pressure Screw. Which gives the IC bracket clearance issues (The screw sticks out farther than the spacer for the IC bracket). I need to find the factory 70lb Spring and cap. I tried to call auto zone to see if they carried something like that, but my explanation wasn't good enough for the guy to locate it in the computer:rolleyes: . Is there a name for the factory cap? or does anyone know where I can pick one up.
Thanks,
Casey
IMG_1633.JPG

No thanks on the front mount, going to figure it out and probably cut the screw. Thing is I was twisting it around when it was off the car and not sure where it was set, so I don't wanna cut it quite yet. This may be a noob question, but could I just start the car with the IC not installed, adjust my oil pressure accordingly and then take it off to cut? And also, which way do I adjust the screw to raise the pressure?
Thanks

Running the screw in will raise pressure. You need an intercooler in place (or a jumper hose) because you need to set it at full throttle.

A good starting point is to set the screw where the base of the thread on the nut are right at flush with the gasket surface of the cover. That's where the stock nuts with the stocks springs like to land.

Or if you can give me a couple hours I have a box of the stock nuts and springs in my attic. I've built one or two of these covers and tend to have some spare parts here and there.

Thanks a lot. It looks like I'm going to have to find a stock one. I'm going to rumble through all the boxes I've got of stock parts.. Might be in there somewhere. But, if you end up finding one, I might have to take you up on that haha ill let you know what happens

The board won't let me send you the pic you wanted over PM. This is what I pulled out of my box 'o timing cover chit....

Attachments

• Photo1153.jpg
    Photo1153.jpg
    184.1 KB · Views: 85
Thanks a lot, but I ended up cutting the bracket to let the adjustment screw stick through, and it was smooth sailing from there!