Looking for my first TB, but this just looks too good to be true...

86turboSix

Mr. BuzzCut
Long time lurker, first time poster. I've been in the market for a GN but this offer seems too good to be true. A VIN report checks out that this is a regal/grand national from '87, but FWD? No pics of the underbody? just wanted a second opinion, I've been in love with these cars for a few years now and finally have some money to buy
Background: Im a budget-minded college student with a garage and some tools, not a great deal of engine expertise but would be willing to try. Also, would likely need to drive this clone from NV to Indy, so forum, I humbly ask your opinion of this candidate. Thanks:D

Link:

can't post the link directly,
chaplain auto sales . v12 soft . com / inventory/view2582371

The only buick I saw was a Gnx clone with 148,000 miles for $3,500. As long as there is no rust that price is to good to be true. The rims ,dash and turbo cover would cost about that much:eek:. Welcome to the board. You could buy that car and part it if the the body was junk and double your money. Its a great idea to buy a decent parts car to part out. You will learn alot about these cars in the process and make some money selling the parts. good luck

thanks for the advice. if i may, any advice on talking down private dealers? this dealer appears to be non-better business bureau, so if i saw this guy next week what kind of ammunition would i use to talk down his car? i keep calling during business hours but all i get is voice mail...hopefully if they'll call me back if they're interested in selling the car. but again, as a first time buyer, do you or anyone else experienced have some advice on buying such a risky vehicle? i havn't made any commitments but i also have never seen a regal/gn priced this low before and i've been searching for well over a year... thanks

thanks for the advice. if i may, any advice on talking down private dealers? this dealer appears to be non-better business bureau, so if i saw this guy next week what kind of ammunition would i use to talk down his car? i keep calling during business hours but all i get is voice mail...hopefully if they'll call me back if they're interested in selling the car. but again, as a first time buyer, do you or anyone else experienced have some advice on buying such a risky vehicle? i havn't made any commitments but i also have never seen a regal/gn priced this low before and i've been searching for well over a year... thanks

For $3500 bucks for that car, I would beat down the door buying it!!!!!!!!! I would give him the money and drive it away! Even if something is wrong with it, you can part it out and EASILY double or triple your money! Just the turbo cover is like $300-$500 bucks! I say snatch it up!!!

i ve seen that one posted...crossed referenced the vin on google and theres 3 different people posting that car for sale..its a scam..wayyyyyyyyyyyy to good to be true