looking for advice on engine build

Well since you didn'is a give a budget or hp/1/4 mile goals.
I would say do all of the above.
Forged Stroker kit
Steel caps and Girdle
T/A aluminum heads and intake
212/212 roller cam
6466 bb turbo
That'll put a smile on your face :) and these faces :eek::( on those foolish enough to race you.:D
AAh, i just love love advising people on spending their money. ;)

But seriously you should come up with a realistic, performance goal and a max budget to spend and then talk to one of the builders suggested to you on the best way to meet those goals,but always be aware that you may want to go bigger/faster in the future so build with that in mind,like maybe getting larger injectors,fuel pump, etc. etc.then what is needed for the current build in case you want to go faster in the future, you are not buying and upgrading twice, same goes for most other things in the build,if you are like me and are always wanting to go faster,then plan ahead for it.
Also realize that it usually takes alot longer and costs more then you are expecting when you begin a build. Good Luck.
Well since you didn't give a budget or hp/1/4 mile goals.
I would say do all of the above.
Forged Stroker kit
Steel caps and Girdle
T/A aluminum heads and intake
212/212 roller cam
6466 bb turbo
That'll put a smile on your face :) and these faces :eek::( on those foolish enough to race you.:D
AAh, i just love love advising people on spending their money. ;)

But seriously you should come up with a realistic, performance goal and a max budget to spend and then talk to one of the builders suggested to you on the best way to meet those goals,but always be aware that you may want to go bigger/faster in the future so build with that in mind,like maybe getting larger injectors,fuel pump, etc. etc.then what is needed for the current build in case you want to go faster in the future, you are not buying and upgrading twice, same goes for most other things in the build,if you are like me and are always wanting to go faster,then plan ahead for it.
Also realize that it usually takes alot longer and costs more then you are expecting when you begin a build. Good Luck.
Well u hit it right on the money. Thats kinda what i want. I wanna run the champion intake with champion heads just dont know if im going to have too big of a head for a stock cid. Would love to have a stroker but i want a reliable build. Going with a fast xfi, i know all this cost $$$$ trust me i know. Im not in a hurry so time is not an issue. Thanks for the reply

RPE machine in ct. has a great reputation for tr motors and did a great job on mine.

The previous owner had the short block built there and Bison and Otto did all the rest of the assembly and dyno tuning ,built the trans etc.
Couldn't ask for a better combination of Buick pro's putting your car together .

Last edited:
Where we get in trouble is when money is spend on the engine and we overlook the supporting mods and systems.

Besides, most of us learned the expensive way that these cars don't run worth a darn without a decent tune. I read somewhere that tuning is really pretty simple . . But I know for sure it ain't easy and can be expensive to learn if you try to push things.

Where we get in trouble is when money is spend on the engine and we overlook the supporting mods and systems.

Besides, most of us learned the expensive way that these cars don't run worth a darn without a decent tune. I read somewhere that tuning is really pretty simple . . But I know for sure it ain't easy and can be expensive to learn if you try to push things.
Amen!!!

Got a game plan,motor is crated amd ready to ship to a well known buick guy,and the tune will be done by a local dale cherry at injection connection.