looking for a tial 38mm wastegate

tacordes

hello,
I need to get a new wastegate and boost controller. It seems like the tial is the way to go and I also need a manual boost controller. I have been searching all over and I cant seem to find any real "turbo buick" sites that sell this stuff. Hopefully im missing something. I want to make sure I get it from a well respected person on this forum.
Last week I got a fuel pump for my 87 gn from turbotweak, and I sure wish he sold wastegates because my order would already be here : )
Any help would be great. I just dont want to make the wrong move and buy from a dedicated import site #$%#$#$%

thanks

Tial

Have a Tiial38mm works great. One of the members here said he had one with the reg WGvalve not the race WGvalve. He said he ran some Leaded Race gas in his car and wastegate froze shut. :confused: That he ended up buying the race gas WGvalve and replacing the reg one. I have the reg. one but I've never run leaded gas thru her yet and probably won't unless I get the other, run unleaded and alky. So be sure and ask them about the valve and I'd consider just upgrading right away and not take any chances. He said it froze up and overboosted that he was fortunate to catch/see it and get out the throttle.

Yeah if you are going to run race fuel get the correct valve!

Thanks for the advice.
I emailed hye-tech and have been waiting for a reply?

Hopefully they will respond or I guess I will have to gamble with ebay :confused:

Thanks for the advice.
I emailed hye-tech and have been waiting for a reply?

Hopefully they will respond or I guess I will have to gamble with ebay :confused:

Do yourself a favor and call Precision Turbo and order one through them. You can tell them exactly what spring you want (for baseline boost) and that you want the leaded valve. If you have a problem with it, you can always call and get help.

It's not worth saving a few bucks by buying any of the China imitation crap on ebay. For what it's worth, I don't *think* that Hye tech sells REAL tial gates... you may want to ask.

just placed order

thanks for the replys.

I did something I should have done weeks ago.
I pulled out the invoice for the te-44 I got a few years ago from limit engineering, and call them. I was real happy with the turbo so I gave them some more business.
Ordered a tial 38mm and a controller.
thanks again

Do yourself a favor and call Precision Turbo and order one through them. You can tell them exactly what spring you want (for baseline boost) and that you want the leaded valve. If you have a problem with it, you can always call and get help.

It's not worth saving a few bucks by buying any of the China imitation crap on ebay. For what it's worth, I don't *think* that Hye tech sells REAL tial gates... you may want to ask.

Do you REALLY think that the Tial parts on Ebay are china imitation? How about the one in the link that I sent? I believe that company sells the real deal. I guess there are some "fake" wastegates on Ebay that look like the Tial units, and may be labeled as Tial "style", that you may be referring to.

I am looking to buy a 50mm BOV from them and I was priced $205 shipped. Hye Tech quoted me $215 plus shipping. Now I have 4 cents in here... LOL

Mike

Do you REALLY think that the Tial parts on Ebay are china imitation? How about the one in the link that I sent? I believe that company sells the real deal. I guess there are some "fake" wastegates on Ebay that look like the Tial units, and may be labeled as Tial "style", that you may be referring to.

I am looking to buy a 50mm BOV from them and I was priced $205 shipped. Hye Tech quoted me $215 plus shipping. Now I have 4 cents in here... LOL

Mike

I actually had not looked at your link, although it does appear to be the real deal. ;) Most of the units for sale on ebay (like the ones I was referring to) are "Tial style", although you wouldn't know it by the way they advertise it. :rolleyes:

Tial

There are some fakes on E-bay. Saw pic of a DP that was to fit ATR headers with ext gate (Tial copy) came DP/gate from GN1 performance. Have a Tial and it works good . There was a thread on here that the Tial rep was on and The Rep said If your running 20psi you should run minimally a 10psi spring, 30psi a 15psi spring, would just use the 1ATM spring. "Forced Induction" has them for 199 the base model regular valve. Threadstone has them with springs from .5atm to 1.0 atm. 1ATM= 14.5psi. for $234. You can special order one with the Racegas valve. It's 40 for the valve. Someone here said they got one for 60

The Turbonetic Evolution comes with 3 different springs from Threadstone for 219 they have a VBC for 54. In retro spec should have went with the Evolution right out the box you can run Racegas don't have to buy another valve comes with 3 different springs,5 fibe tune spacers, brass barbs,6ft vacuum line. So ffor $275 you can have a system that you can adjust from inside the car with VBC(variable boost controller) The Evoulution has more adjustability and you can run racegas thru it.