Looking Back On The Weekend Midwest Challange

BobbyBuick

For the first time this weekend I got the chance to run a pro tree.Scott and everyone in tsm bent the rules a little and we had a blast saturday I went out 2nd round.Walt Judy had a personal best @10.26 in the semis.Both the Bamford boys were strong Dave went 10.02 I think .I lost second round to Bret Rudbeck .Walt blew a head gasket sat nnite and we fixed it on the trailer sneeking it past the intake.well D-Day and Walt did most the work and I held the beer cans and handed tools.Sunday looked grim however they made it work out.I went out 1st round bracket 1 .It was one of the best races I ever had .We had a double break out ,both cut .53 lites and I went around that bigblock in third gear lifted and went 10.78 @ 119 to his 10.80 @119.my best for the weekend was a 10.65 @ 127.the car ran good all weekend.Jack Cotton and Bret Rudbeck both get an atta boy for scronging up parts and tools to finish Walts Head Gasket.I ran two NOS big blocks sunday time only passes and spanked both of em Now thats always fun.The track didnt hook like in the past it was a little slippery until sunday afternoon it started coming around.great to see everyone had a great time:rolleyes:

Had a very good time as well. Great to see you guys more than once a year. I guess I should have gotten on those brakes a little harder or cut a better light , would have gotten me 1st. or 2nd anyway. That stuff happens when you sand bag.Keep me posted on a boost day party, Dan said he is in.I cant wait to see cop caller again!!!!!
DDay

the way the brackets were broken down i would have done it exactly like you did. win some lose some.hope you made it home for your daughters party .ANYONE SEEN ROBBY:eek:

Glad to hear that you guys had a good time and didnt get a washout. Sounds like Walts car is really rockin now with the WB o2 to tune with and he is really getting a firm handle on the Max E R now with that additional data.

That "flat rate" hd gasket swap in the pits was probably the quickest of the group so far. Of course you guys still havent had the experience our ol bud Scott S has changing them. I'll bet he can do it and when he fires it back up the block is still warm :D

hope someone had a few jello shots in the motel lot for me :^)

Sure hated missing Morocco, Maybe next year---

Dwight

Hot damn, it's good to see all you guys in the same thread. Glad to hear you all had a great time aracin'.

Can't wait to meet up with ya again....and Dwight ya better show next year.:)

ANYONE SEEN ROBBY?

When we left the track I saw a tall dark-haired kid hitch hiking down I 65 and wondered if that was him. Keep us informed about the 'boost day' party...it doesn't look good but you never know.

Hey Walt-- ya need to update your sig file. You're "MUCH FASTER now":D BTW--- waht was that MPH week ago friday night :eek:
Aww, never mind, you dont want to lay ALL the cards on the table.

BFG

Dwight

Hey Steve,
I need Lonnie Diers phone number. I'm gonna have the trannie rebuilt while it's out. There was some metal and chunks of clutch-band in the pan when I pulled it off.

Also is a stock convertor supposed to be blue?

Thanks,
Ryan

Hey Chris and Dwight, Look at page 60 of the new GM High tech mag. They have a picture of me in the finall round in BG , when I took first place!!
DDAY

Hey d-day are you and dan up for a road trip. The eve of destruction is this friday night.