Long time no post... Fuel tank ??s

rfpowerdude

Hi all, I am a member here since I am using a GN tank to feed an EFI'ed BBO 455 in my Olds Cutlass. My question is if anyone knows of an aftermarket source for GN tanks that have the correct plastic baffle. I really need a new tank. The one I have in the Cultass had sat open for quite some time before I installed it and I have had nothing but trouble with in tank rust. I did flush and flush and flush originally and dry it out the best I could before using it.

I want to replace that tank with a new one. Suggestions?
TIA,

The Spectra tank is an excellent replacement. The in tank baffles are steel.

I guess I could just make sure I keep a reasonable amount of fuel in it. Or not do holeshots with very little fuel in the tank... ;)

What is the Spectra part# that is for the EFI application? I can never tell if it's the right one on sites like rockauto...

Last edited:
Part number GM307C with the neck or GM307 without it.

personally I wish I would have went through the extra trouble to build my own neck. That way I can fill up my car without drowning my fillers with gasoline.

I see a GM307A or GM307C (rockauto), both with filler necks. Since I have a Cutlass, I need to buy one without the neck and buy a Cutlass neck.

Rockauto lists the GM3C as the filler neck-less one. There is no listing for a GM307 without the neck on rockauto. Maybe I should look elsewhere for the GM307?...

I see a GM307A or GM307C (rockauto), both with filler necks. Since I have a Cutlass, I need to buy one without the neck and buy a Cutlass neck
Rockauto lists the GM3C as the filler neck-less one. There is no listing for a GM307 without the neck on rockauto. Maybe I should look elsewhere for the GM307?...

I'm running the GN fuel tank in my 84' Hurst Olds and don't have any issues with the filler neck. It sits a little higher but it's a non issue. The license plate door closes with no problems.

The neck should be the same on your Cutlass. The tag is in the same place.

The downside is you can't run more than 1 oz of fuel per hour without it burping out a gallon every 3 seconds.

Thanks for all the replies! The filler necks are different and the locations are a little different. When I originally installed the GN tank in there, the filler neck inlet hit the top of the opening. I cut it off and cut off my Cutlass neck from the old tank and welded the Cutlass neck on. This is when I flushed flushed flushed it to make sure it was safe to weld. I wanted to buy a new tank and a Cutlass neck and do it right the first time...

I guess I'll have to get the 307C and a Cutlass neck and do what I did before. Cut off and reweld. I have no problem doing that, I was just looking for a cleaner solution.

Bought the 307C. Looked at the baffles and yes, it is nothing like the plastic one in my GN tank.

Also, I cannot see how gas gets into the rectangular tub that is the baffle. It looks like it's isolated from the rest of the tank.