Logical Turbo Upgrades?

Was looking around the used parts for sale thinking about getting another turbo. I have a TA60/THDP combo with four bolts. What Turbo's can I install that would be an upgrade without changing anything significant? Also want to retain the stock look...TA49/60/61's are the only one I know for sure fit under the stock turbo cover. What about TE44 for example? GTxxxx also comes up a lot, will they fit?

Second, I saw a BB TA60 in the for sale section. Who makes that, and what is gained by going to BB?

Thanks,

Eric

What Turbo's can I install that would be an upgrade without changing anything significant? Also want to retain the stock look...TA49/60/61's are the only one I know for sure fit under the stock turbo cover. What about TE44 for example? GTxxxx also comes up a lot, will they fit?

The ta series 61,62,63,64,66 would be an upgrade from your ta60.
The te series will fit under the stock turbo cover. I have a t70 and it fits under the cover.

Second, I saw a BB TA60 in the for sale section. Who makes that, and what is gained by going to BB?

Pretty sure all the major turbo companies make the bb 60 turbo-turbonetics,precision,garrett.

With the bb turbo you can run a lower stall torque converter, have faster spool up,less lag,have heard they last longer due to the bearings being made stronger than journal bearings. The only draw back is they cost around $200 - $500 more than journal bearing turbos.

John

Thanks

Bump, anyone else?

Anyone see any downside to going to a TA49 from a TA60? I think the car is very drivable right now but has a hint more lag with alky. I'm thinking the TA49 might solve this....

if you want to still make alot of power and have a big turbo get ahold of jack cotton. have him make you a TA66 BB.

Bump, anyone else?
I think the car is very drivable right now but has a hint more lag with alky. I'm thinking the TA49 might solve this....

I would think that is in your tune. You should be able to spool that turbo with the stall you have without problems. Where is the stall at 0psi, 5psi ?