lock-up not working!

umm no, ill do without the lock up lol, if i cant fix it externally then ill go w/out it..

Posted from the TurboBuick.Com mobile app

It is not that hard to do-, and you can change the trans filter while you are in there.

Driving with the lock up not working on a lock up trans can add an extensive amount of heat to the trans and burn up clutches.....FYI

If you do change the filter, make sure the o-ring comes out with it. Sometimes it likes to stay up in the valve body.

Driving without lockup working will not hurt the trans. The extra heat generated is minimal.

Sent from my A110

i agree because its been that way a while & no other issues besides stealing some gas mileage from me. How often should trans filter & fluid be changed?

My car doesn't see a lot of miles, and I don't take take it to the track. I change mine every other year. It's not exposed to hydrocarbons like engine oil.

Sent from my A110

i agree because its been that way a while & no other issues besides stealing some gas mileage from me. How often should trans filter & fluid be changed?

dont be afraid of changing that TCC solenoid.. taking the pan off is harder than changing the solenoid !

I'm glad that you posted this--I saw it years ago, but forgot it was on the Monte site. Many people have had issues with driveability due to this problem... And it is an easy fix!