lock-up not working!

buickGN3:16

it used to drop back to around 1800 rpm @ 60mph now it runs around 2300 @ 60mph. Any suggestions? Its a 3200 9.5" art carr thats about 3years old. Street car with a little track time, daily driver but mainly on weekends only!

Posted from the TurboBuick.Com mobile app

check the plug on the side of the trans. .they are known to have the wires inside break down and cause connectivity issues..
Connect between A and F on the diagnostic connnector.. if it locks up it maybe a VSS issue so the ECU doesn't send the lockup command..
it can also be a sticky brake light switch holding the brake circuit on which would keep the ECU from locking the convertor.

If it doesnt lock when you jumper A & F together its either not getting ground to the wires on the side of the trans
or the lockup solenoid is the issue..

Its a 50/ 50 chance of a lockup solenoid or wiring going to the trans .. both are common

So i jump a & f and then drive it & see if it locks? i dont know alot about this issue

all good info and;
1) check brake switch (there are two), and does cruise work if equiped?
2)you can ground a pin in the andl connector...does it lock?

i had an issue last month on mine not locking.....turned out mine wouldnt lock if temp wasnt at least 140*o_O turned out ,i had a thermostat stuck open

all good info and;
1) check brake switch (there are two), and does cruise work if equiped?
2)you can ground a pin in the andl connector...does it lock?

i had an issue last month on mine not locking.....turned out mine wouldnt lock if temp wasnt at least 140*o_O turned out ,i had a thermostat stuck open

The optimum way to get this figured out is with a scantool and see if the ECU is commanding the TCC to lock.. if it is and its still not locking.. you have either a wiring issue leading to the TCC solenoid or
the TCC solenoid itself...

If the ECU is not commanding the TCC to lock.. then there are other things to look at.

I suggest you take a jumper wire to PIN A and PIN F of the ALDL connector ( FAR right upper an FAR LEFT UPPER)

with these connected let us know what happens

Um....ecm/sol fuse top right of fuse block I believe.

Thanks to everyone for the great info, ill post results soon!

Ok so i pinned the ALDL connector f & a together & no change on my lock-up, im turning 2000 rpm @ 57mph & im thinkn it used to be down around 1700

check the connection by the trans if you are getting ground there.. then your solenoid is the issue.. its a 50/50 ... ive seen just as many of both ...

I'm still thinkin solenoid.

he has a 50/50 shot. .. if he checks the wires going to the side of the trans .. he knows for sure ..

ive seen just as many of both cases ... either way its not a hard fix....

No i havent checked the fuse yet but i did realize i still have my tt race chip in so im wondering if eric sets up a race chip to not lock up? I havent put my street chip back in yet to drive & see if theres a diffrence!

the chip wont have anything to do with it if you hooked up pin A to F on the ALDL connector