51BhQaWdG1L__SS500_.jpg
    44.1 KB · Views: 3,360
  • 61djVxQMb+L__SS500_.jpg
    61djVxQMb+L__SS500_.jpg
    73.3 KB · Views: 3,342
  • 61H7YKrwE8L__SS500_.jpg
    61H7YKrwE8L__SS500_.jpg
    68.3 KB · Views: 3,333
Thanks for the input Kwikr1. That's a good link to the Monte SS board. Although I haven't read all three of those books, I can vouch for the "How to Build and Modify GM LS Series Engine" by Joseph. I even contributed to Joseph's last book. He's very knowledgeable and enthusiastic about our hobby!

Slick Rick,
I haven't really kept up with the cost at this point. It was more expensive than I anticipated, but then again, I was able to sell the old turbo V6 and 200-4R and recoupe some of the expense. I'm running a TCI 4L80E transbrake transmission.

With the 4L80E did you have to cut the tunnel out to fit the tranny ? what motor plate did you use ? am assuming you use stock cross member ?

I didn't have to modify the tunnel at all. It doesn't have an engine plate. I just modified the stock crossmember. It really didn't take much to make it fit.

I didn't have to modify the tunnel at all. It doesn't have an engine plate. I just modified the stock crossmember. It really didn't take much to make it fit.

I read up on S&P website ,they use plate to get it in . do you have any pics of the mount you use ? Am collecting part right now to do the swap. so far I have lq4 with professional product intake with fuel rail,4L80E, stand alone harness, S&P header,fuel system aready in

Boostdeznuts,
I made my own engine mounts. I'll try to take a few pics this weekend.

Kwikr1,
It's the stock LQ4 block.

Boostdeznuts,
I made my own engine mounts. I'll try to take a few pics this weekend.

Kwikr1,
It's the stock LQ4 block.

Bare with me because I'm new to this LS stuff and just recently have been getting into it . :) so...from what I understand the LQ4 is the same as the LQ9 ? and what is the "advantage" of going this route as to going with say a alum LS2 or LS3 alum block that is rated higher for HP and 100lbs lighter and being able to get more displacement ?? :)

The primary advantage is cost. I've bought three complete LQ4 engines in the last few months. My average cost was $450. The cast iron block is very strong as well. You're correct about the LQ4 and LQ9...same block, just different pistons. The LQ4 is less compression, which is great for my turbo'd application.

The primary advantage is cost. I've bought three complete LQ4 engines in the last few months. My average cost was $450. The cast iron block is very strong as well. You're correct about the LQ4 and LQ9...same block, just different pistons. The LQ4 is less compression, which is great for my turbo'd application.

Yep...that's a good reason . :D . I've been "Old School" Bowtie for 32+ years and have had my head buried in these Buick V6's for the last 11-12 years . so all this LS stuff has sort of passed me by and I did not paid much attention to it . But , I'm looking for a new project , and have just been doing a lot of reading and research on this LS stuff before I dive in . and it just has been blowing me away what this stuff is capable of and the all round benefits compared to the old school way . Looking forward to seeing more of your build . Good luck . :)

i'm right in the middle of doing the same thing. my goal is 600hp for $6000 including the car. some of the fittment points. 4l80e fits like it was supposed to go in the tunnel. just cut the useless ears off of it. truck acc. drive fits pretty well also. i bought a cross member from m&m for about 200 bucks that is bombproof. in my app. the ac box needed to go as the back of the pass cylinder coil pack conflicted. truck headers flipped upside down (not side to side) seem to work best. i can't wait to see the rest of your build so i can cop some ideas on turbo placement. oh yeah lq4 stock ecm power master 76mm 50mm gate 80lb inj. and a bunch of generic e bay turbo parts. if anyone reading has'nt ridden in a turbo ls car. do it. it is pretty cool.

Any updates with this car? I'm trying to decide whether to go 5.3 LSX turbo or roller cam/ported heads/rebuilt 109 in the next few days!