Lets see some lowered Buicks, anybody have any??

jdpolzin

I dont know which route I want to go with on my car. It will be a Stage 2 in a few months but I really dont want a car with Centerlines, Convo Pros, ProStars, etc. I have a set of Belltech lowering springs for the rear and if I go that route, I'll go with spindles in the front. I just dont know if I want to or not! I will also be notching the frame to get a big of a tire as possible under it. Lets see what you guys have and please post your suspension set-up! :cool: Thanks! ------Jeremy

Here is mine lowered 1" with 18" wheels.

Attachments

• New Wheels3.jpg
    New Wheels3.jpg
    53.4 KB · Views: 1,388
That looks good! Do you have any pics of it sitting on flat concrete? Also, what did you use to lower it? I am trying to decide which route to take! I dont want it to ride rough.

I have 2" drop spindles and 1 1/2" belltech coils out back. The rest of the rear has Edelbrock adjustable uppers and UMI lowers with relocation brackets, shocks are bilsteins. Also have an ATR style bar. Cuts mid 1.5 60' with this setup and 255/60 MT DR's.

Attachments

• SD550 021.jpg
    SD550 021.jpg
    118.1 KB · Views: 1,201
  • SD550 019.jpg
    SD550 019.jpg
    89.9 KB · Views: 1,232
That is exactly what I'm looking for! Beautiful car! Do you have any issues with the front or rear bottoming out? How about clearences for the front mounts piping?

I must admit at first seeing this thread I felt Horrified thinking of a slammed Buick but damn if they don't look bad ass with a little droppage:cool:

87GN_D, do you have any issues with those DR and racing it?

Yeah, i get tired of seeing the same old stance and rims on every picture I see of a T or GN. I love the lowered look and to be quite honest, 87GN_D's car proves how sweet the look is. They dont have to be homied out to low.
Ineil's car is awesome as well. Good examples of the fast look and the bigger wheel (pro Touring Look)!! Very nice guys! Mine is getting close! I dont have any fancy rims but the GNX wheels will look OK! Keep them coming guys!

P.S. the secong picture 87GN_D posted is now my new backgroung on my computer screen!!! BAD AS$!!

Hey, thanks for the compliments. If you have a full size tire up front it will rub. The skinnies sit far enough in to mask the problem, unfortunately the geometry of the front suspension is not the greatest with drop spindles. Stiffer front springs should help alleviate some of the rubbing. No issues at all with the front mount and no problems with the rear setup. Who said lowered cars don't hook!

I must admit at first seeing this thread I felt Horrified thinking of a slammed Buick but damn if they don't look bad ass with a little droppage:cool:

87GN_D, do you have any issues with those DR and racing it?

No issues at all with 255/60 MT DR's. I air them down to 15-16# at the track and do a small burn out. I think they are the perfect size for a lowered car without having any rubbing issues. They will get you easy 1.5's 60' with a decent suspension. I have done a few 1.55's with an 8# launch.

Attachments

• SD550 022.jpg
    SD550 022.jpg
    86.6 KB · Views: 1,122
No issues at all with 255/60 MT DR's. I air them down to 15-16# at the track and do a small burn out. I think they are the perfect size for a lowered car without having any rubbing issues. They will get you easy 1.5's 60' with a decent suspension. I have done a few 1.55's with an 8# launch.

Awsome:cool:

I love how hard it is to see the MT DR's! My car is jacked up and you can tell right away I'm running DR's. Heck, I may have to drop my car ;)

Definately looks nicely tucked! I just get tired of seeing cars that are really high in the air becuase the tires dont fit. Really the rear BellTech seem to sit the rear of the car perfectly. I like em, I think I will be leaving them on. Just getting some airbags and get the front end down!!

this is my car, a while back, its an 86 and my family is the original owner sence 86. This has a 1" drop and 16" rims all around 245's in rear and 225's in front. In the drivers fener you can see me and all my friends paints; pretty sweet. This pick was taken and sent to me after the show.

darkside

It's hard to tell since there is no engine in the car... But you can see the rears. The car has Eibach springs w/ QA1 shocks.

K.