Len Freeman, is this how you treat your customers? long.

Status
Not open for further replies.
I dont know what you were told was gonna be in the trans for HD or Billet parts,But at 2500(did that include shipping to Texas?) I dont think any builder here would do a full billet all roller trans for that kind of money,But i could be wrong.

I have bought three of them from Brian Hofer in the past, all were around that price (the first ones were less). Today they would probably be more with the cost of parts being higher, but John said this was purchased a while ago and not used till recently. I can understand this as Ive had one sitting here for a car sitting outside for 6 months. My customer can't seem to come up with money. Oh, and these all had good pans and transbrakes also.

John Plog

I dont know what you were told was gonna be in the trans for HD or Billet parts,But at 2500(did that include shipping to Texas?) I dont think any builder here would do a full billet all roller trans for that kind of money,But i could be wrong.
Shipping was right "around" $250, give or take a few bucks on either side....So no, the $2,500 certainly did NOT include shipping.

Not to mention the ~$80 to ship his tranny crate back to him.

You owe me some money Freeman. I am not going to let this get swept under the rug anytime soon. I am going to keep bringing this to the top until I feel it is no longer necessary.

I met a new friend, who coincidentally builds trannys for Buicks. So, he had a good idea of what he was looking at when I showed him the parts.
He said he has NEVER SEEN clutches that worn, even on 200,000 transmissions.

You can get a 9 sec tranny from Brian Hoffer for $2500 so the price seems legit to me for what he wanted built. Anytime anyone either buyer or seller Ignores the other party then thats called HIDING! Unless Len is Dead he should talk to him or have someone else talk to him to sort this mess out. Sickness is No Excuse when its so easy to contact a person in this day & age OR have someone else do it for you if you cant yourself. Anyone who HIDES is Guilty until Proven innocent IMO. He needs to contact the buyer & Fix It ASAP! His name is MUD until he does in my books!

Good Luck to You! Hope it gets sorted out with $$$ & NOT just some BS Excuse!

You can get a 9 sec tranny from Brian Hoffer for $2500 so the price seems legit to me for what he wanted built. Anytime anyone either buyer or seller Ignores the other party then thats called HIDING! Unless Len is Dead he should talk to him or have someone else talk to him to sort this mess out. Sickness is No Excuse when its so easy to contact a person in this day & age OR have someone else do it for you if you cant yourself. Anyone who HIDES is Guilty until Proven innocent IMO. He needs to contact the buyer & Fix It ASAP! His name is MUD until he does in my books!

Good Luck to You! Hope it gets sorted out with $$$ & NOT just some BS Excuse!

Well said Dave..I agree 110% We have way too much technology at our finger tips now a days to contact anybody across the globe. The secertary took numerous messages. Len was even heard in the back ground once before and stop talking mid sentence. "I will let him know of your little threat". Something stinks to high heaven thats forsure. I have been watching Disco Stu's posts for a while and he is very helpfull to other and seem to be a great asset to the Buick community. This is a eye opener for me as I was looking for len to build me something over the winter. I will stand clear now, cause being in Canada and having someone shaft me in the States is very difficult to deal with when they are so far away. Thanks for the heads up guys and I hope to get this resolved one way or another. Just another black eye in the Turbobuick world:confused:

Brian built me a Fully roller and Billet trans,I think it was $2600. And that was the beginning of last year ... I think:confused: anyway not that long ago.

This thread sure has gotten alot of views, and so I really find it hard to believe that no one on here who knows Len Freeman hasn't talked to him about this, knows what's up with him & why he isn't taking care of this unfortunate situation???
I've never dealt with Len Freeman personally, but from what others who have & who know him have said, he seems to have had a great reputation...So, why in the world would he not step up & handle this before that reputation is damaged beyond fixing??? What a mystery!!!!

The Darkside:cool:

I think that is about what Vince Janis charges not including shipping. Plis his trannies rock and he stands behind his work. I hope things get worked out for you guys. It sucks when someone rips you off. :mad:

If he charged me $500 and it was going in a 14 second car I still wouldn't have gottten my monies worth, lol.

Damn,Ive heard of some vendors that get in the area of 3800 for fully billet rollerized transbrake 200s.
2500 for one is a smokin deal

Damn,Ive heard of some vendors that get in the area of 3800 for fully billet rollerized transbrake 200s.
2500 for one is a smokin deal

Well Otto, what I got was NOT a smoking deal. The only thing smokin about it was the clutches. I did not tell Len how to build it. I told him that it need to take 9's easily and he told me how much. But what I got does not justify what I paid. It's a junk transmission, worthless. I had two transmission builders see the parts that were in it and they were both amazed at what they saw.

Wht is your point? Do you think using stock type and number of clutches/steels, and all stock or defective parts justifies the ~$2800 it cost to get this transmission to my door? Not to mention the inconvenience and waste of time, and my time and money to take it to someone else to rebuild it when it did not have 50 miles and 1 and a half passes on it?

:rolleyes:

Well Otto, what I got was NOT a smoking deal. The only thing smokin about it was the clutches. I did not tell Len how to build it. I told him that it need to take 9's easily and he told me how much. But what I got does not justify what I paid. It's a junk transmission, worthless. I had two transmission builders see the parts that were in it and they were both amazed at what they saw.

Wht is your point? Do you think using stock type and number of clutches/steels, and all stock or defective parts justifies the ~$2800 it cost to get this transmission to my door? Not to mention the inconvenience and waste of time, and my time and money to take it to someone else to rebuild it when it did not have 50 miles and 1 and a half passes on it?

:rolleyes:

My point was a full billet rollerized t-brake trans is a great deal at 2500.

My point was a full billet rollerized t-brake trans is a great deal at 2500.

Maybe he gave me such a good deal because he likes me.

Well, then I feel pretty good about getting one for $2900 then. And he is not known for being cheap (but he is known for being good).

I have seen em for that much too. But it was with a real solenoid transbrake, not a stageright. So that drastically changes the price.

Lets ask Len. He's been on here since this popped up here. Hell, I bet his phone was ringing 10 minutes after I posted it. Right?

......so I really find it hard to believe that no one on here who knows Len Freeman hasn't talked to him about this, knows what's up with him & why he isn't taking care of this unfortunate situation???
X2...Surely someone who has viewed this thread has spoken with Len since the initiation of this thread. Not to mention, Len HAS logged in to the boards since then. So I'm sure the above two facts in conjuction with the HIGH probably that one or more of his cronies who have also viewed this thread and possibily even contributed to it, have spoken with him since then, which all but eliminates the VERY slim possibility that Len is not aware of this thread......

X2...Surely someone who has viewed this thread has spoken with Len since the initiation of this thread. Not to mention, Len HAS logged in to the boards since then. So I'm sure the above two facts in conjuction with the HIGH probably that one or more of his cronies who have also viewed this thread and possibily even contributed to it, have spoken with him since then, which all but eliminates the VERY slim possibility that Len is not aware of this thread......

Weather anyone has or not you think taking shots at his friends is right by calling them cronies?
I for one am a friend of Lens and take offense to this.

I went and took a look at the parts that came out of this transmission, and like Disco Stu said, they were the worst ive seen. The tranny had a just a few passes and a little street time, yet the clutches for the direct (im assuming direct, if they were forwards then there was even a bigger issue) were down to metal. I have only seen one tranny ever had any clutches that were down to metal and that was a very high mile tranny and it was the low reverse clutches that had the issue. Even the ODs were burnt beyond belief and it never even saw a WOT shift into OD. Ill take some pics of the parts this week when i get back to Johns shop. The stock forward drum was cracked down the splines as well.

Weather anyone has or not you think taking shots at his friends is right by calling them cronies?
I for one am a friend of Lens and take offense to this.
If you are a friend then you should not take offense... From Dictionary.com

Crony –noun, plural -nies. a close friend or companion; chum. :biggrin:

Status
Not open for further replies.