leather seat questions

bigdom1012

im debating over the katzkin leather or hampton vinyl from hawks...just wanted to see if anyone had opinions on there qualities

haha i just ordered the wing today bob lol now im lookin for the covers i think im just gonna get the leather i dnt wanna cheap out n get the vinyl

Yeah I wouldn't do Vinyl either but see what the guys on this board say...they may have another alternative for ya.

IMO the stocks seats in these cars are so uncomfortable you're better off to try and find a decent set of leather seats out of a 98-02 f-body. They bolt right in. It doesn't hurt that you drop 40-50 pound just on the front seats. 4th gen seats with manual tracks from a 3rd gen car are just about as light as a race seat!

Is there a color that closely matches the TTA's ? I need new covers badly and was thinking of doing something like this. I had an 01 Camaro SS , I like 4th gen seats.

I got tan ones from a Camaro SS and if you didn't know these cars you'd think they were the stock seats. The 98-02 set way better and they are a lot lighter. Even when a TTA was new the press commented about how uncomfortable the seats were. The 4th gen seats also set a little lower, so you have more head room. I swapped a slightly smaller Grant GT steering wheel too, so it's night and day easier to get in and out of the car plus you don't have the upper spokes from the stock steering wheel blocking the gauges. These were both excellent upgrades IMO, and it doesn't look any different than stock to the casual observer.

It was a little dark outside by the time I took these

survey007.jpg

Boost, Fuel pressure, Transmission temperature, and Scanmaster (It peeves me to see people mount a Scanmaster where you can't watch it while driving)
survey005.jpg

I roll on prostars :D
survey009.jpg

wow

Very nice turbows6. Very Nice!

I like the seats and rims for sure. Great job!:D

Thanks for the post. Joe