lean,lean,lean

turboTchris

hey guys I'm in need of help and fast, i have the following upgrades in my car and it won't run and my budget for the car is getting thin. my mechanic put in 60#a new chip,lots of gauges,fixed all the leaks,basically spruced the car up, lastly a new fuel pump. it already had a hot wire kit. its running soo lean the INJ/PUMP fuse keeps blowing out, i turn on the car and it primes then the fuse goes again. i take it back to him 3 times now and it still is running lean enough to blow a fuse, however at WOT I'm making a solid 20psi and it feels like a new car,but just cruising it burns out again. I'm just fed up its been 2months and I've driven the car like twice WOW no fun. I'm ready to take it to a buick dealer. i went ahead and bought a translater from kirban and told the mechanic to keep the ca till its fixed right i have about a grand left for this project i don't know what to do @this point can anyone help?

I think maybe I am missing something, if you turn the ignition on and the fuse blows, how do you get it to run long enough to drive it. Secondly if it is blowing fuses that is an electrical problem and not a running lean problem.

You've acquired a 25 year old Turbo Buick and you have to have a mechanic do EVERYTHING to it???

First point is; if you absolutely have to take it to a mechanic it BETTER BE a mechanic that is intimately familiar with Turbo Buicks!!

Second point; DO NOT take it to a buick dealership. They will have absolutely no idea anylonger how to work on these cars.

Third point; You need to get involved and do some of the work yourself and start the learning process.

As was stated, you do not have a lean condition. You've got an electrical issue.

the car ran for 2 days then i started blowing fuses first off ,the mechanic does mostly turbo buicks and knew of him for years before i started researching these cars,he was even recommended by a member of the forums here in philly....

How are you getting 20 PSI boost and not detonating it?

Look for burned inj wire around cylinder 3.. they burn on the EGR.

Ohh.. quit flooring the car until electrical issues are "figured". I assumme that one of the guages installed was a scanmaster? If so.. you wouldnt be running 20 PSI without seeing a bunch of knock.

thanks razor, i will check there. oh my knock gauge went to green to yellow back to green to yellow back to green during WOT, no scan master all auto meter gauges,the boost gauge looked like between 18 and 20 when i was on the gas plus i had the car in the overdrive position i don't like to shift, these were just test runs after i got my ca back.n the boost gauge could be off who knows but thank you for your imput

You should probably pick up a ScanMaster. I would try to limit boost to 15-16lbs until you have your problem resolved.

~JM~

You should probably pick up a ScanMaster. I would try to limit boost to 15-16lbs until you have your problem resolved.

~JM~
thank you for your advice I'm gonna lower the boost and check for grounding issues and anything loose wires.