leaky tv cable

mwolfe1969

Here is my problem. The TV cable was leaking at the trans case so I went to the dealer and bought a new seal for the cable. I thought it was fixed but the car has been sitting for 4 to 5 days, and there is a puddle under the car almost to the rear axle. This is what it did before, It only leaked after the car had sat for a few days. Any help on how to seal it up would be great. Thanks,Mike

Could the dipstick tube seal be what's leaking?
When the car sits the fluid from the torque converter drains back to the pan and the level goes up.

TV cable cracked buy the bolt :confused:

x2 I've seen these over-torqued on the plastic housing and make sure it's seated directly over the port/hole. I've seen them a bit askew allowing fluid to leak out.

I've had this problem for a long time because the bolt hole is stripped in the case. I used black silicone around the mating surface of the plastic and threaded in the bolt as best I could. Not sure how long it will last since my car hasnt moved its present location in over a year!:mad:

thanks

Thanks for the help I'am going to crawl under it in a couple of days and take the cable out and check for a crack. Thanks alot, Mike