Leaky oil pan on a 4.1 w/girdle help!

turbowrenchhead

Drive like you stole it!
I have a girdle on my 4.1. I was told that I should use The right stuff. Did that the first time and it leaked under boost. I tried gm silcone same thing. Is there a rubber gasket out there that I can install because I am not having much luck with the silcone.

Between the girdle and the block or the girdle and the pan? I am guessing between the girdle and the pan.

The right stuff is the right stuff. Use a cork gasket with both sides smeared with a coat of the goop. I tried the rubber fel pro and it did not work. Fill all of the stud holes with silicone (right stuff), and smush the sealing washers on top squeezing the air out of the holes. Wipe off the excess before you put the pan on to prevent gobs of that junk in the pickup screen. Messy ordeal but it works.

I use only teh ULTRA GREY RTV from permatex or even better
International Trucks use the most incredible sealer ive found.
It is used on the power stroke motors when servicing the rear main seal. I dont have the part number though, Nut any international truck dealer should have it

Originally posted by KLHAMMETT
I use only teh ULTRA GREY RTV from permatex or even better
International Trucks use the most incredible sealer ive found.
It is used on the power stroke motors when servicing the rear main seal. I dont have the part number though, Nut any international truck dealer should have it

yeah, that grey stuff is AWESOME!!

i agree, get a cork gasket and retry the right stuff, or try the INTERNATIONAL TRUCK T-442 rtv silicone:D

i just happened to have some left over from a rear main seal that i did in a 99 stroke. other numbers on the tube are

1 830 858 C1 more than likely its the T-442

HTH
BW