knock w/ 15psi. and 93?WTF?

smooth87

BATMAN
i went to the track today and mark (bless you) was kind enough to hook up a scantool to my car when i ran it... and it came out with all kinds of knock retard.. i thought it was my downpipe or lack of a torque strap, so we removed the knock sensor and i ran it and it started pinging like a mofo in the middle of 1st gear. so i let off.. i ran again and was getting somewhere around 8 degrees of KR all the way down the track. i dont understand why i would be getting knock with 15 psi. and 93 octane. the O2's were quite rich in the upper 800's and lower 900's. what could it be? fuel pump/filter, too much timing in the chip?(i dont know the specs on the chip, it just says 40lb) can anyone lend any advice? also.. im not sure what kind of fuel pump i have. it may be stock, although i really doubt it. everything else on the car has been screwed with. thanks again to mark, josh, rollin, and scott for all the tips and help.

Could be a couple of things. I've heard guys say that knock can occur at a TOO rich a condition. Can't say for sure on that.

The other might be the big question mark with the chip. Street or Race???

eli, i would try and get a known good chip and try it again. just so we know what we're working with. also to be on the safe side, one nite when u get bored, go out and drop the tank and see what the pump is. the pump is very important to these cars.

oh yea, scott has ur jack. u left it at the track. hope u had a good time. was nice meeting you.

Could be bad gas?? Change the fuel filter and give it some more octane .Then see how it acts on 15psi.When you buy 93oct theres no gaurantee that you're getting 93oct.And 15 psi is quite a bit if your octane is under 93.My cars let me know soon after gassing up if I got bad gas.

Just throw some 110 octane in there, see if it stops. That will tell you if its false or not. Also, hook up a fp guage, and see if you are getting the proper fuel pressure. Good luck

crap... i knew i forgot something. well, the chip was a suspicion to me because i know the car has been raced plenty. there is a possibility that it is a race chip, which might have too much timing for the 93 octane. i filled up with some more 93 on the way home and it is still acting doggy. the fuel filter may be an issue, i ran it REALLY low on gas a few days ago. but i have a lack of tools as im living with my sister right now. thanks for the input guys, i apreciate it. i gotta go to work, i'll get more on here later.